FileServe - Make Money - Up to $25 per 1000 downloads (Official thread)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I found a bug in your setup or in IDM - I am 100% sure - tested it 5 times.

You HAVE to be logged into the site in your browser, otherwise IDM will load a bunch of .html files.
Last action on the site must NOT have been that you logged OUT.

As soon as you log into the site, IDM shows the files correctly but still a bit slow and a few missing - which can be downloaded directly.
(yes I did set www.fileserve.com or/and fileserve.com as an account in IDM - correct user/pass)

I guess the fileserve setup doesnt support a direct download using a username+password if you are not logged in already.

hmm i was abt to ask the same thing , i dont know when my acc is going to expire :(

Also, suppose i have, say, 5 days of prem duration , how can i extend the prem duration ? I cant see the link anywhere :/

I don't think they're updating for anyone, in a lot of hours.....

Ricky said something about the site going down for a while and installing some server, but site is working and stats are till frozen..... so, I got no idea. <_<

@ mrsandvik: When we roll out the new File Manager (with improvements), we hope to eradicate this issue - fingers crossed

@ thierryownz: only sometimes it does that. You could be "missing" your files one day, come back next, they could be popping up. Honestly - It's weird.

@ Gerner2010: Yes that is an IDM issue. It's based on cookies and sometimes on restart or if your computer clears cache/temp. files and supposedly the cookies too (somehow) or if they expire, you'll need to do the instructions you described.

@ kohkindachi: no there's not. Not yet. You could PM me your username and check it that way ;-)

@ Silent.Hunter: Your account should automatically renew via Paypal if you've paid via this. If you've canceled the recurring, you'll go back to Free and you will be able to upgrade your account again. We purposely did it so, you don't lose your files IF you go back to Free user.

@ duality99: That's why we put a new server up - They should be updating regularly now.

I found a bug in your setup or in IDM - I am 100% sure - tested it 5 times.

You HAVE to be logged into the site in your browser, otherwise IDM will load a bunch of .html files.
Last action on the site must NOT have been that you logged OUT.

As soon as you log into the site, IDM shows the files correctly but still a bit slow and a few missing - which can be downloaded directly.
(yes I did set www.fileserve.com or/and fileserve.com as an account in IDM - correct user/pass)

I guess the fileserve setup doesnt support a direct download using a username+password if you are not logged in already.

Are you using the "Site Logins" option in IDM? Because I've noticed that FS' download links are in the form http://x.filserve.com/dl/... and not http://x.fileserve.com/file/... I think that is the issue. Try adding both sites in site login. I had a site login for http://fileserve.com/file/ but removing it didn't change anything..

@ all: Stats delayed until tomorrow. We couldn't sync the old server with the new one as of yet. After that it should be fine.

@ all: Please report if there's any trouble on downloads from server90-115 <= CORRECTION: Please report this in 12 hours time. It is now 12:41PM @ FS' clock.

Firefox workaround to display all files.

Ricky..

Are you guys going to fix this firefox issue?
Firefox is the only browser I like to use and I would really like not to change browser everytime I want to check the files i've uploaded.

Thanks in advance.

Hi Guys, I found a workaround that helped me. I have more than 11,000 files and couldn't see any of them.

Open IE, login to fileserve, all files will show. Quickly create a folder and transfer all your files into it. If you are sceptical just copy a few into a folder and see for yourself.

Before you stop reading, IE lets you select 500 files at a time, not just 200 as in FF, so copying 11,000 for me was just minutes.

Then you must logout!! in IE

Every time you upload to FS, just add them to this folder or create a new one.

Firefox doesn't appear to have a problem in displaying folders, and the contents appear really quick.

I have been using firefox all day and this problem has not reoccurred once.

BTW if this works for you, spread the word....Good luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back