FileServe - Make Money - Up to $25 per 1000 downloads (Official thread)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ricky, can you add a file transfer feature like Rapidshare where its possible to transfer files from one account to another almost instantly with the press of a button?

I have multiple free accounts but planning to buy a premium account now. Would it be possible for you to transfer files from my other free accounts to the premium account if I give you the account usernames?

@ Prazsky: That's the FS2FS function that we will be working on, when we aren't patching up our site because people start abusing it :)

At the given time I'm not able to move files from one account to another.

Hey Ricky,

what is happening?
i cannot see my statistics page or it loads very slowly,
i cannot get into my file manager and even if i do manage to get into it, i cannot sort files anyhow to ckeck latest files,
i cannot upload a file and if i do, it fails at the end i cannot see the link,
everytime i refresh a page it won't load for few minutes,

generally everything is working really slowly. Are you being DDoSed or something?

BTW, this has never happened before for me, just started past few days ago.

Web page is a bit slow - but I do not think that it is a general problem that pages do not load at all.

Problem must be at your end.

BTW:
Do not use web upload - use FTP if possible.

for the record, FS became close to unusable with biggest french ISP Orange, I suppose they're doing nasty things à la Comcast. The best when downloading from FS is around...20 kb/sec the whole day (maybe it's better at 2AM but I'm not a creature of the night)
I expected things would go better with premium account but no luck, the only thing I get is no waiting time, but saving 15-20 seconds when it takes 10-15 hours to download a file isn't much an argument :D

Is there a way you could do something the same way you did for comcast users ?

@ yten: Stats page should load quick. Main page should load quick. Only thing that doesn't load quick is the file manager and eventually the login page if you're sitting on TB of data.

We are not getting attacked, no, and we will be tweaking the file manager to function quicker. Hopefully a fix is out soon.

@ rototo: Sounds quite horrid. Is the same happening to other services or are we singled out? How about your french mates on other ISPs - Likewise or different?

Sounds quite horrid.

It is B-). Right now as we're talking I get an average 12k/s with peaks at 21... and I'm premium

Is the same happening to other services or are we singled out? How about your french mates on other ISPs - Likewise or different?

.I don't have those problems with RS/Filesonic/hotfile (not that the speeds are impressive, but it's certainly not as bad).

.they also have filtering with "heavy bandwidth consumers" à la megaupload or youtube, but mostly on the busiest hours, and nothing that can be solved with proxies (which doesn't apply to you, not to mention I don't want to get my ass banned as collateral effect :D)

.I'll check with friends on other ISPs but for now I assume it's an Orange problem (or it would mean you currently cannot serve more than 20k/s for the whole France :P )

.as for my line itself, I assume it's not the problem either considering I have 100mb/s at home and I can reach a 10-11 MB/s dl roof (with multiple downloads or P2P)

It is actually pretty random for me at least - sometimes it is quick, and sometimes its just meh. But indeed file manager is the slowest one. Is there any other way where i could check my links? Like text version of file manager or something like that?

@ rototo: Thanks for the info. Let me know what you find with your friends on other ISPs in France. I can tell you that we are a very popular service among the French people and we would like to keep it this way!

@ yten: No. It has nothing to do with graphics. It is how the data is pulled from our servers. As said the techs are working hard for tweaks on this.

@ lellouchftw: A program? Yes. In the works. Still doing a testing phase. We have one pushed for the first week of December. Cross your fingers for that release. It has been long-coming (unfortunately)

Well, same here, i've file manager loading issue, normally i have to press reload, and it will load out the content :)

Just wanna share, my earning only 0.3 avr a day haha :(

@ rototo: Thanks for the info. Let me know what you find with your friends on other ISPs in France.

back with results, same files on
- Orange : 10-20kB/s with premium
testorange.jpg

- Free (2nd largest ISP) : 500kB/s without premium...
capturemi.jpg

I think it's pretty clear who filters here .
serious problem, orange (ie france telecom) is by far the biggest french isp, nearly half of the DSL subscriptions in France...
http://fr.wikipedia.org/wiki/Internet_en_France
You must be a bit "too" popular now for them.

@ rototo: Thanks for confirming my fear. If this is persistent I'll see if we could route the traffic through other ISPs in order to maximize speed. My thoughts are that Orange knows where the traffic is coming straight from right now. Let me know if it takes a turn for the better.

Can you run it through IDM with your current ISP? Maybe you could get 8 x 20 KB/sec = 160 KB/sec total.

Thanks for confirming my fear. If this is persistent I'll see if we could route the traffic through other ISPs in order to maximize speed. My thoughts are that Orange knows where the traffic is coming straight from right now. Let me know if it takes a turn for the better.

Can you run it through IDM with your current ISP? Maybe you could get 8 x 20 KB/sec = 160 KB/sec total.

dunno, IDM is Windows stuff , have to check if it can work with wine
tried Jdownloader, but no change whatever the number of connexions we put in, maybe you don't like it ;)
I am more uploader than downloader, so I'm not the one who "suffers" the more for now, but I imagine the consequences in short term. this limit dates from +- 10 days and I think it's here for good considering all other limits they put for months are still there. I feel like the ball is on your side if you want to tweak things, don't expect their goalkeeper quit the field

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back