VPS urgentVPS.com - Perfect for busy forums, EU DDoS Protected VPS from €10/mo (Germany)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow... I must say that your overall professionalism and deals are extremely appealing to the eyes, haha!

That being said, however, do you think there is a way we could arrange a deal where we can have unmetered bandwidth? Not that I plan on using 3 petabytes of transfer per month, but I certainly do plan on certain months to use barely 100GB and on other months it could easily go up to 5TB.

I hope we can reach something together, because I am VERY interested in your deals! :D

REVIEW OF URGENTVPS.COM

Alright so I just got off the chat with Bret and I must say that these guys are definitely pros in what they do and... they do it very well. Of course I just got to talk with Bret but I'd expect that anybody else who works with him is just as good and just as professional.

He answered every SINGLE of my question, and every time, every answer was detailed and to the point. There was no need for clarification, and no need for rephrasing. Everything was understood on my part and on his part.

Now don't let me get into the set up times...

Of course they guarantee an "under 10 minute set-up" but trust me that it should be more like an "under 1 minute set-up" because I was set-up and running in less than 30 SECONDS!

I definitely do NOT regret my purchase.

Now while they do not initially offer an RDP (Remote Desktop) service, and that can be the determining point for some people such as me, it can actually be EASILY installed within a few lines with SSH.

As an example, look at this picture:

[SLIDE]http://i54.tinypic.com/2ngfnmg.png[/SLIDE]

Bret has also told me that they are planning on releasing a knowledgebase in the near future, so you can be certain that I will write up an article on how to achieve this easily and without pain! =)

For the hardcore fellas, I am running FreeNX with NX Client for Windows under GNOME on Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid x64.

Knowing that I can now use my VPS like I use any other computer, I am definitely staying with urgentVPS! These guys are great, seriously!

Take note that I am using the UV-PLAN1.

In other words,

* Support *
10/10, knowledgeable and professional! Nothing beats them!

* Set-Up Time *
10/10, it was near instant! (30 seconds, I'm not kidding!)

* Connectivity *
8/10, probably due to my location and the fact that I am running the NX client, I get some lag spikes at some moments.

* Overall Performance *
7/10, there should be a little more RAM for those wishing to use NX. But if we don't consider NX, I would probably give it a 8/10 considering that the Virtuzzo panel sometimes takes a few longer moments to load.

* Overall Satisfaction *
9/10, I am definitely staying with these guys! They are by far THE BEST VPS providers I have seen in a very, very LONG WHILE! Go with them, you will be more than happy. I guess that my initial reaction did not betray me! <3

Last edited:
I ordered plan 2 i received details in less then 10 minutes, but please can you einstall my vps to CentOS 32 bit i alreaady send you a ticket

Just to note to clients, wjunction is not our helpdesk - if you need help, contact us via the helpdesk and things will be dealt with. Unfortunately due to a new workstation I lost my wjunction password and only requested the password an hour or so ago, so apologies for the lack of activity. Rest assured, we'll be active here once again :) All DNS issues are now resolved, if you still have outstanding questions, do let us know via OUR HELPDESK.

Does this really urgentVPS? My support ticket isn't answered for a 12 hours probably. Are u alone running this service? I just ask for refund and can you please take a time to reply back?

-------------------------------

Guys be aware of this host. 4 days and i still don't receive direct admin. 1 day passed and not even reply to support ticket. This is the worst support i've ever received. i dont know where is 24/7 Helpdesk & Phone Support? Just for anyone who wants to give it a try. Now i'm just waiting.

Last edited:
SUPPORT IS HORRIBLE AND PATHETIC!! , The most horrible host i've ever seen and likely to see .. Their nodes are crapped too with server errors almost all the time..

Thank you so much for the douchebag service..

Hi there,

We've ordered 2 new nodes (exactly the same specification in our original post, dual quad Xeons, 64GB RAM with 16x600GB SAS HDDs in RAID10) that we expect to be delivered and racked early next week - we will move clients experiencing issues on our current nodes to these accordingly.

In regards to the claims in the last few posts, at least one of them was something out of our hands (extremely high and unfair usage of the CPU, which was causing problems for other clients on that particular node) and the others I can only apologise for. We had a misunderstanding with our Direct Admin license provider and unfortunately all licenses were delayed. I would highly recommend trying out Plesk Panel as we can offer it for free to the next 20 clients - simply place an order and once complete, submit a ticket to have your invoice and billing amounts amended :)

Once these 2 new nodes are set up, we will have some special, SPECIAL offers running. Once this is complete, our usual standard of service and support will be resumed and everyone can sleep happy! :)

If you have any questions, you know where our helpdesk is!

Kind Regards,
Bret

Hi there,

We're pleased to announce that we've brought back our 50% off first month's invoice on UV-PLAN2 upwards so make sure you take advantage of this amazing offer and get your first month for just €9.97! :-)

Kind Regards,
Bret

One of the most horrible servers and services around...

U guys are sick and pathetic with ur services, and fail to deliver what u promise at the time of purchase...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back