UFOX.com Official Support Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
you can send me the invitation?
ID:happy

Happy to happy!

Slowed a bit.Are you serious?
36 hours ago I posted a small group of files that would normally had about 1000-1400 downloads by now.
You know how many total downloads those files have because of this? 104.That's right,104.

If you don't remove the limit you will be ban from every major forum before the weekend is over.
There plenty of comments about your service.But not the kind you want.
They all say things like "this host is shit re up on a real host" and "ban this host, free users can't download" .

Yes,I know that all they have to do is register,don't you think we tell them that?

It would have been nice if you'd have told us you weren't going to allow unregistered users download instead of letting us get blindsided with this info from screaming downloaders.

This also cost me some really good files.The files I posted have now been posted on a different host by someone who downloaded them from me last night.

Take the advice of your "elite" uploaders and let unregistered users download.

Is it really such a big deal to register? We can not leave the doors wide open to be raped ... when we detect a problem we have to take action to protect the system. If this affects you in an adverse way then I'm sorry but for now this is the only way. We are still looking at bringing back a free anonymous download with a tighter limit.

Last edited:
You're saying this is about nothing other than stopping bots,right?
If that's true,then all you need to do is change the captcha to one of the styles that bots can't read.

You're saying this is about nothing other than stopping bots,right?
If that's true,then all you need to do is change the captcha to one of the styles that bots can't read.

We've used the more sophisticated 2 part captcha in the past and people complained too that they were too hard to figure out.

Total Download : 0 - Free user can' download and they need sign up
i have 2 refs
I think need to time limit free user download in a day . Free user can't download , nobody use service

Thanks

Last edited:
Registering may not be a big deal to a lot of people, but there are even more people that find it to be a waste of time and a huge hassle. Why? Because people are lazy. All they want to be able to do is click and the file downloads. It doesn't matter how easy you make it, or what benefits you give to registered users. People don't change, and will always be lazy. This is why you see forums with about 200 or so registered users online, but lookie there.. over 3,000 guests. A good example of what I am talking about is anime-sharing.com.

Moving on, are you still inviting users?

Registering may not be a big deal to a lot of people, but there are even more people that find it to be a waste of time and a huge hassle. Why? Because people are lazy. All they want to be able to do is click and the file downloads. It doesn't matter how easy you make it, or what benefits you give to registered users. People don't change, and will always be lazy. This is why you see forums with about 200 or so registered users online, but lookie there.. over 3,000 guests.

Moving on, are you still inviting users?

Yes people are lazy, people hate captcha's, some people want everything for free.... however we've now had over 1000 people register in the past 18 hours ... so if anyone is trying to tell me I'm wrong then think again.

The people that do register are the ones we want... they are more likely to buy a Premium since they took the time to register in the first place. The people that don't want to bother registering are people that are just looking for a free ride and are not likely to ever buy a Premium.

I'm not saying you are wrong. In fact, you have a valid point right there. Your website, your rules.

My response was meant more to point out why people have such a problem with registering. It is beyond me as to why they take the time to complain about it instead of spending less time signing up and enjoying a good service. I have had a lot of backlash from people while advertising my forum in the past. Things like "But I can post here without registering". Kind of silly since 4chan makes you do a captcha every time you post...

I'm not saying you are wrong. In fact, you have a valid point right there. Your website, your rules.

My response was meant more to point out why people have such a problem with registering. It is beyond me as to why they take the time to complain about it instead of spending less time signing up and enjoying a good service. I have had a lot of backlash from people while advertising my forum in the past. Things like "But I can post here without registering". Kind of silly since 4chan makes you do a captcha every time you post...

I've now made it more easy for people to register with a direct link from the User Login page.

[FREE DOWNLOAD - REGISTER HERE]

Please remove register

If you want premium members ,you need to become popular and to let door open.
Don't restrict your business by this way.
Yes people are lazy for register. they always use others filehost.
If you think really people who registered are more able to pay premium it's false.
And uploaders don't use only one host . Specially when he restrict acces by register.
More people can download and use your service and more you can convert in premium.
And for the bots it's your work to search and ban it.

the download speed is 100 kbs so ppl have to bother to register for that speed?

It's 100 KB as in Bytes which is equal to 800 Kbps. Premium get over 4 Mbps per download channel.

Please remove register

If you want premium members ,you need to become popular and to let door open.
Don't restrict your business by this way.
Yes people are lazy for register. they always use others filehost.
If you think really people who registered are more able to pay premium it's false.
And uploaders don't use only one host . Specially when he restrict acces by register.
More people can download and use your service and more you can convert in premium.
And for the bots it's your work to search and ban it.

We'll see how things go over in the next few days... don't worry guys we're just trying different things out to see how it works.

PPD plan is on?

Yes Darkwizard ... PM me

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back