UFOX.com Official Support Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
This file reached max downloads limit? Maximum amount of only 100 downloads?
Please cancel the limit from index_dl.pm

This file reached max downloads limit? Maximum amount of only 100 downloads?
Please cancel the limit from index_dl.pm

Hi guys,

Are you still having this problem?

Is it the file you uploaded can't be downloaded more then 100 times? Or is it you yourself can't download more the 100 files with your user name?

Stats Frozen !!!!

Sats are not frozen, they have just slowed because we now require all downloaders to register and create an account with a valid email. We were being hit by a huge about of download bots this morning...

Any real downloader will have no problem signing up... but totally anonymous downloads is a big problem for us since it's impossible really to track who's the downloader... when registers we have a user and IP.
It's still 100% free... you just simply have to register.

We're now looking into the bot situation and will see if there is another way to deal with them.

ok i understand now

hi
can i upload multi files with this software? or upload (select) one by one?

Yes you sure can!

Last edited:
Sats are not frozen, they have just slowed because we now require all downloaders to register and create an account with a valid email. We were being hit by a huge about of download bots this morning...

Any real downloader will have no problem signing up... but totally anonymous downloads is a big problem for us since it's impossible really to track who's the downloader... when registers we have a user and IP.

We're now looking into the bot situation and will see if there is another way to deal with them.

I don't want to be rude or similar, but why did you setup the "invite" for PPD. Just don't give elite status to anyone who pm you, and bots traffic will drop.. If you discover that someone cheats, ban him, and that is it. Rapidgator tried similar in the past, and they were banned on some big forums. I think you should allow that anyone can download, because many members use mirrors, and downloader will just choose the other links..

I hope you will find the best solution for both sides.. :)

I don't want to be rude or similar, but why did you setup the "invite" for PPD. Just don't give elite status to anyone who pm you, and bots traffic will drop.. If you discover that someone cheats, ban him, and that is it. Rapidgator tried similar in the past, and they were banned on some big forums. I think you should allow that anyone can download, because many members use mirrors, and downloader will just choose the other links..

I hope you will find the best solution for both sides.. :)

This has nothing to do with the "invite" for PPD or the chosen Uppers... This morning we had many bots that crawl through from various forums to find their way to the site. Who they are are where do they come from is anyones guess because they are anonymous. All we've done for now is to ask anyone that wants to download for FREE to simply register. It seems to be working well as we had over 600 people register in the past 12 hours.

Slowed a bit.Are you serious?
36 hours ago I posted a small group of files that would normally had about 1000-1400 downloads by now.
You know how many total downloads those files have because of this? 104.That's right,104.

If you don't remove the limit you will be ban from every major forum before the weekend is over.
There plenty of comments about your service.But not the kind you want.
They all say things like "this host is shit re up on a real host" and "ban this host, free users can't download" .

Yes,I know that all they have to do is register,don't you think we tell them that?

It would have been nice if you'd have told us you weren't going to allow unregistered users download instead of letting us get blindsided with this info from screaming downloaders.

This also cost me some really good files.The files I posted have now been posted on a different host by someone who downloaded them from me last night.

Take the advice of your "elite" uploaders and let unregistered users download.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back