Post Your Desktop!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just installed the new Ubuntu 9.10 release yesterday:

d37200screenshot.png

Nice 'n clean. Made the taskbar Windows-like. Btw 9.10 is fast as hell I must say.
I don't think even XP competes in terms of speed, that new ext4 filesystem = sex <3.

Removed Ubuntu 9.10, installed openSUSE 11.2 (factory/pre-release):

7a1a00snapshot1.png

What a beauty <3. Desktop effects are off though.
They froze the ATi repo for the release in 2 days so I don't have 3D support till then.
Runs smoother than Ubuntu 9.10 did.

Can you spell MESSY ! :P Couldn't be bothered to keep it tidy. Everytime i do , i mess it up again in a couple days. :D

dfe00untitled.png

Yup, currently using Windows 7 and on my awesome old sad excuse for a laptop Xubuntu 9.10, in a day or so will install OpenSUSE on my Core 2 PC.

You'll love 11.2. It feels much more solid than 11.1 and in my case it runs a lot smoother. Also everything seemed to work fine after the install. There's a lot less minor fine tuning that needs to be done etc. Games run fast to, Cube 2 runs at constant 200 fps where it can't go any higher lol, all of that even with desktop effects on. No flicker in videos with openGL output. I can even watch smooth youtube HD vids :o. Yast also auto installed freetype and the msfonts after 1st running it.

Amazing OS, they really did a nice job with it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back