FileServe - Make Money - Up to $25 per 1000 downloads (Official thread)

Status
Not open for further replies.
woah..... now, every single file I upload to fileserve, gets uploaded 5-6 times...... :S:S

Haha thats been a problem for ages. Never got fixed and probably won't be anytime soon :|

I have complained about this and the copy/rename errors a hundred times already. Thought it would be taken care of during the month long maintenance period but sadly not to be. I usually upload 150-200 files at a time. You can imagine the frustration when I open up the file manager and find over 1000 files instead of 150. I am forced to spend an extra 4-5 hours everyday just to clean out the dupe files and keep the legit ones after checking one by one.

Guess we will have to keep waiting....:(

BloodSucker, I have been battling with this problem for a long time. Can you tell me which software you use o upload? I use zoom's uploader and I get insane amounts of dupe files. FTP throws up much fewer dupes but copy/rename function throws up error for files upped via ftp.

Oh now I know why you don't get duplicate files lol. I use RDP and both zoom's uploader and FTP floods my FS account with duplicate files and of course the copy/rename errors suck hard. There must be some problem with some of the FS FTP servers such that whenever a file is uploaded to those servers, it cannot be copied/renamed.

Do Fileserve use MD5 checks to ban blacklisted files from being uploaded, like old RS? Just wondering, if for any reason a file is deleted, I can just upload the same file again or if I will need to change the MD5, either by RAR'ing or otherwise.

@smokestash - No they don't use MD5 to blacklist files but I wish they atleast used MD5 to block out duplicate/incomplete files which Megaupload does.

@illetyus2 - No they don't. Wish they did though. Would make our job so much easier to know which files were deleted.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back