VPS EU Offshore VPS: 4GB DDR3 RAM, 500 GB HD, 100 Mbps UL, Free Trial

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't understand what you were offering with the 1 Gbps port with 1TB traffic.

What does that mean? does this mean I will have better speeds for the first 1TB of traffic each month?

1 TB traffic on 1 Gbps port. See updated plans in the first post. I do not think it is unclear.

No thanks mate.

The little I've learned from this experience is not to trust your promises for speed (as you specifically said LVE-02 is faster than LVE-01).
Even a 1Gbit line can be slow if you oversell it to 50 VPSs, which from experience I'm pretty sure you do.

I guess I'm stuck with you since you're dishonest and won't refund me, hiding behind your TOC, even though the purchase was made under false pretense, as I bought a product which had been mispresented by you (you've fixed that now).

I'm not going to fall victim again to another promise of getting higher speeds, afterwhich you can simply state that the line is shared and of course I'll get dialup speeds since lots of users are using the line, with an added data limitation.

Just an update on speeds - I started a 4gb upload 2 hours ago. After 2 hours, 3gb have been uploaded so far.

No thanks mate.

The little I've learned from this experience is not to trust your promises for speed (as you specifically said LVE-02 is faster than LVE-01).
Even a 1Gbit line can be slow if you oversell it to 50 VPSs, which from experience I'm pretty sure you do.

I guess I'm stuck with you since you're dishonest and won't refund me, hiding behind your TOC, even though the purchase was made under false pretense, as I bought a product which had been mispresented by you (you've fixed that now).

I'm not going to fall victim again to another promise of getting higher speeds, afterwhich you can simply state that the line is shared and of course I'll get dialup speeds since lots of users are using the line, with an added data limitation.

Typical dial-up speeds are 4-5 KB/s. Dial-up speeds do not burst to around 3-4 MB/s

Nothing is hidden, you agreed to the terms when signing up and it is a legal contract. You are welcome to choose any option, but please do not complain or open ticket as you refused to go to 1 Gbps port. Higher port does not mean 10 times users than 100 mbps since the bandwidth is limited on 1 Gbps which provides much better speed GUARANTEED and it is not possible to make 10 times VPS on the same server. Number of users remain the same on 100 mbps and 1000 mbps but the bandwidth is metered instead of unmetered on 1 Gbps. After this even if you want to go to a 1 Gbps port I am sorry. You chose a wrong option. I did not promise any speed in the offer and will not also.

You never said LVE-02 is faster than LVE-01?

http://www.wjunction.com/showpost.php?p=179976&postcount=60
Bentink said:
By default speed is 100 mbps shared, so it varies from time to time. Though the higher plan you take, the more speed you get because LVE-02 and above has burstable to 500 mbps.
I upgraded based on this statement by you, which turned out to be pure rubbish and a blatant lie.

After complaining to your "support" they said
You will get same speed on all packages.
01-5bc7b4dd60.jpg

I said "burstable"

LVE-01 can not be upgraded to 1 Gbps, but LVE-02 can be.

We can keep arguing but it will not increase speed unless you go to 1 Gbps port. And remember speed mainly depends on location and trace route and NOT mainly on total port speed.

Advise to bentink : Don't mislead your customers by advertising wrong speeds.Its not a good way to do business.:)

Peace

I never promised you will get so and so speed from rapidshare. Who cares about rapidshare? Speed depends on network route. If you are so concerned about speed open a data hall just beside Rapidshare building, that will give you the fastest speed :)

Speeds from reputed datacenters like Liquidweb to Rapidshare is MAXIMUM 400 KB/s. There datacenters would have gone down if they got a few customers like woja. 100 Mbps unmetered at Liquidweb costs $2000 (yes 2 thousand)

I never provided any misleading information.

Here is a small utility which will help you to monitor the network usage of individual vps's on your node.You will have to install it on each of your client's vps to check who is maxing out the connection.

X86 : http://dag.wieers.com/rpm/packages/bwm-ng/bwm-ng-0.5-2.el5.rf.i386.rpm
X86_64: http://dag.wieers.com/rpm/packages/bwm-ng/bwm-ng-0.5-2.el5.rf.x86_64.rpm

After installation execute in shell: bwm-ng

Not all datacentres have good network connection with rapidshare so to test your speed you can download this cachefly test file.They have a very good content delivery network:

http://cachefly.cachefly.net/100mb.test

Or transload from another file host like netload,megaupload or hotfile.

Here is a small utility which will help you to monitor the network usage of individual vps's on your node.You will have to install it on each of your client's vps to check who is maxing out the connection.

X86 : http://dag.wieers.com/rpm/packages/bwm-ng/bwm-ng-0.5-2.el5.rf.i386.rpm
X86_64: http://dag.wieers.com/rpm/packages/bwm-ng/bwm-ng-0.5-2.el5.rf.x86_64.rpm

After installation execute in shell: bwm-ng

Not all datacentres have good network connection with rapidshare so to test your speed you can download this cachefly test file.They have a very good content delivery network:

http://cachefly.cachefly.net/100mb.test

Or transload from another file host like netload,megaupload or hotfile.

I appreciate your advise :)

The speeds have absolutely nothing to do with Rapidshare.
Here is the current speed from the test file coldabhishek provided a few pages back
01-e5ba741635.jpg

I am not downloading anything else other than this file right now.

Also, I tested uploading to Netload, which is located in Germany. SAME THING so don't go hiding behind trace route and whatnot.

All I'm saying is that you misrepresented you product and sold it through lies and misleading. Based on that, I requested a refund.
You have 2 different topics in your TOC that contradict each other regarding refunds.
Conveniently enough for you, the one that screws your customers over is the bottom one, which the customer will most likely miss, and that is the binding term for you.

It's quite easy to lure customers in through lies about your product.

If I wanted a 1TB limit I would have stayed with LVE-01 (which is now 2TB limit - more than enough for me). It's even faster than LVE-02 (probably less users per node - also it's limited so people use it less).

What I'm saying is this: You say I shouldn't expect a better product for this price. I say, if I knew the product is this bad I would never have bought it. I am more than willing to pay more for a better service, which is why I'm asking for a refund, which you're simply refusing to do since you've already got my money.

It would have been more worthwhile for you to simply refund me 2 days ago instead of your thread turning something which will obviously result in much less income for you.
It's even one of the first things that you find now when you google webthosting.

woja, posting in threads will not change my decision. TOS is final. And you disagreed to upgrade to 1 Gbps. You are really a guy who do not understand port speed is not unlimited, I did not mislead anything. I said before and will say again, you are on 100 mbps unmetered shared. It takes 2 days or more to catch the person using excessive.

I have told enough on this and will not say anything more, though you are free to post anything anywhere. Posting illogical stuff is not a solution than choosing 1 Gbps port.

All I asked was to downgrade back to LVE-01, 2 hours after ordering LVE-02!.
What is the reason you are not willing to even do this? This by itself is very suspicious.

Any company that hides behind ToC and makes an illogical TOC is suspicious as well. As you said, after all this, this is YOUR decision, which is obviously dictated by greed. Nothing else.

Also, what does
"Unmetered 100 mbps Premium Bandwidth Transfer" mean?
This by itself would suggest that LVE-02 is in some way better than LVE-01.
Again, all misleading advertising.

It will appear misleading only if you are a noob. Premium does not mean more speed.

Nothing is hidden, you agreed to the terms when signing up after reading it.

FFS I don't want 1TB limit. If I wanted that I'd have stayed with LVE-01.

DO NOT MOVE ME TO 1TB LIMIT.
I want to be downgraded back to LVE-01 and refunded the difference between LVE-01 and LVE-02. THIS IS WHAT I'VE BEEN ASKING FOR ALL ALONG

Another satisfied customer!
Just open a paypal claim, these guys are shit if more people open claims all alarm bells will go of at paypal!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back