VPS EU Offshore VPS: 4GB DDR3 RAM, 500 GB HD, 100 Mbps UL, Free Trial

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok, so today I opened a ticket, because of course the VPS is down again today (5KB/sec + 30 second response time).
Support asks me for my username and password and explains that I should expect speeds less than 1MB/sec since I'm on unmetered - whatever.

Next thing I know, all of webthosting is down for "scheduled" maintenance.

HOW DO YOU SAY 99.9% uptime bentink?

Ok, so today I opened a ticket, because of course the VPS is down again today (5KB/sec + 30 second response time).
Support asks me for my username and password and explains that I should expect speeds less than 1MB/sec since I'm on unmetered - whatever.

Next thing I know, all of webthosting is down for "scheduled" maintenance.

HOW DO YOU SAY 99.9% uptime bentink?

Not trying to defend webt,
but scheduled maintenance has nothing to do with providing 99.9% uptime
maintenance actually helps keep up with the 99.9% uptime, they could be hardening security, doing updates, etc etc.

I don't know about the slowness though, maybe thats why they were fixing.
And if they say that you get less than 1mb/s then their unmetered is just oversold too much to everyone. Maybe you should try some of their other lines and see if it is faster.

Hello,

He is right tho, of course there is going to be some issues,
But webthosting support is quite responsive , i ain't tested the speeds yet.

Also,

Not trying to defend webt,
but scheduled maintenance has nothing to do with providing 99.9% uptime
maintenance actually helps keep up with the 99.9% uptime, they could be hardening security, doing updates, etc etc.

I don't know about the slowness though, maybe thats why they were fixing.
And if they say that you get less than 1mb/s then their unmetered is just oversold too much to everyone. Maybe you should try some of their other lines and see if it is faster.

I'm just tired and frustrated with the VPS never working. I just wish I could get a refund from their "unconditional money back guarantee" so I can move on to a working VPS provider.

Not a day goes by that I don't open a ticket due to the VPS either being slow or just not working.

He is right tho, of course there is going to be some issues,
But webthosting support is quite responsive , i ain't tested the speeds yet.

Also,

that's what happens when they have "issues" so noone creates tickets

I'm just tired and frustrated with the VPS never working. I just wish I could get a refund from their "unconditional money back guarantee" so I can move on to a working VPS provider.

Not a day goes by that I don't open a ticket due to the VPS either being slow or just not working.

then get a refund, i would hope they would give you one since you are unhappy! :|
Remember, you get what you pay for =/

then get a refund, i would hope they would give you one since you are unhappy! :|
Remember, you get what you pay for =/
I wish. I've been trying to get a refund from him since day 7. They don't really care if I'm happy or not.
I ordered LVE-01 and was happy. 7 days later I decided to upgrade to a better server and extended my account.
Immediately after that (2-3 hours later) I asked to cancel it and requested a refund since it was really crap.
Unfortunately they have a hidden clause in their TOC that if you have more than 1 invoice you're screwed and you won't get a refund, so they're refusing. So much for "unconditional" guarantee.

Edit: server is back online. Getting super duper speeds:
01-ed56421489.jpg

I wish. I've been trying to get a refund from him since day 7. They don't really care if I'm happy or not.
I ordered LVE-01 and was happy. 7 days later I decided to upgrade to a better server and extended my account.
Immediately after that (2-3 hours later) I asked to cancel it and requested a refund since it was really crap.
Unfortunately they have a hidden clause in their TOC that if you have more than 1 invoice you're screwed and you won't get a refund, so they're refusing. So much for "unconditional" guarantee.

Edit: server is back online. Getting super duper speeds:
01-ed56421489.jpg

So then just make a paypal dispute?

And to tell you the truth, if it is just b/c rapidleech is not getting enough speeds, i don't think you will find alot of hosts who will have good speeds for rapidleech, and if they do eventually you will run into problems. That is why alot of hosts do not even allow rapidleech, it is a resource hog!
You would be better off getting a Dedicated Server where you have your own dedicated line.

Well... I don't have that choice anymore since I've already spent $150 on this VPS. Otherwise, I would GLADLY pay more to get a shared dedi.

As for Paypal, I would file a dispute, but I'll lose since this is a virtual product which is not protected under their rules.

Well... I don't have that choice anymore since I've already spent $150 on this VPS. Otherwise, I would GLADLY pay more to get a shared dedi.

As for Paypal, I would file a dispute, but I'll lose since this is a virtual product which is not protected under their rules.

Not always. If you explain the case most likely you may win.

They are have now become very hostile and are threatening to cancel my account without refund if I don't stop writing negative reviews in this forum.

The unmetered plan is apparently 8Mbit/sec CAPPED as I am getting a STABLE 1MB/sec download and upload. There is nothing 100Mbit shared about it.
I therefore asked to be put back on the 1Gbps line, since they did not notify me that unmetered would be a capped 8Mbit/sec.

This is the answer I got:

01-09df183566.jpg

They are quoting from the same line in the TOC that states money-back guarantee:
6.) Cancellations and Refunds
WebT Hosting reserves the right to cancel your account at any time with/without notice.
We believe in professional communication, no matter what the issue is. We will not tolerate any abusive behavior, abusive language or threats against us. Any abuse or threaten in any medium or format will result in the immediate suspension/termination of your services without a refund.
Customers may cancel at any time from the client area. WebT Hosting gives you a 30 day money back guarantee on shared hosting, reseller hosting and VPS for any customer who paid with 2CheckOut or with Paypal. You will get a refund excluding $15 on VPS orders and $5 on reseller hosting orders. Requests after the first 30 days will not be honored.

Nice,

I also see now that I have been right all along.

Bentink originally wrong that they give an "UNCONDITIONAL HASSLE-FREE money-back 30-day guarantee" according to which I should recieve a refund.

http://www.wjunction.com/showpost.php?p=186658&postcount=170

After our short discussion with Bentink in this board, this has now been changed on the website to "30 day money back guarantee"

That's an admittance of guilt right there.

woja You the the only one making a mess all around.

You keep changing your decision between bandwidth options. The unmetered 100 Mbps is shared, and there is no speed guarantee on shared. Even if you get 1 MB/s (8 mbit) speed that is a great speed for unmetered at $15. You have in your mind you can get whatever bandwidth you want at water-cheap price. You also don't accept that speed depends on location. I am not willing to speak to you anymore.

I have also heard you have been sending PM to all members here (unsolicited PM - spam) saying our service is bad.

You have already opened a dispute.

There is nothing guilty. You agreed to our terms when signing up, and you are always trying to hide the fact that you actually did not read the whole terms. It is your fault.

To others: Please use your own sense instead of listening to woja blindly. He is the ONLY one to make a mess all around, all others are satisfied with our new service.

And just as an update, recent network failure was caused by a core switch issue at the datacenter which is out of our control.

Previous one was because of an abusive user.

Please accept our sincere apologies for this. We will keep to monitor each node every 1 minute instead of 10 minutes interval to prevent these abusive issues.

Bentink, it's nice that you didn't respond to why you changed the wording on your website and removed "unconditional hassle-free", even though you say that it is correct.

And yes, I filed a dispute after a 40 minute discussion with a Paypal supervisor, since your activities are considered fraudulent by Paypal.

I am not to answer you of changes made to our website, it is not your site.

You agreed to the terms which clearly stated there is no refund on second invoice. The terms is the final and legal contract. You agreed to the terms before you signed up? Did not you?

You can say whatever you like :) We are a registered business with valid registration number. We will only follow our terms, we dont do anything fraudulent. This is for the last time I am saying I will not answer to your bogus argument.

Conclusion: Woja considers getting 10 mbit speed at $15 to be fraudulent.

Get off this thread now, you had enough.

You can also continue to threat me in PM like you did. If we did anything fraudulent the government would have seized our license.

I did not threaten you in any way. I did not ask you for anything in that PM. All I did is inform you that I did indeed open a Paypal dispute and that this could have been avoided had you refunded me from the beginning instead of using brute force and manipulation to try and scam me out of $150.

I in no way threatened you, as I did not ask you for anything nor give you any ultimatum. I simply informed you of the process that has now started taking place, and what I was told by Paypal.

Okay thanks. Happy?

Don't PM me.

(Idiotic people will never accept they agreed to the entire terms page but make up their own rules)

--- END ---

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back