WJ hasn't a successfull marketplace?

Status
Not open for further replies.

pankaj

Once when I was selling my site dlking, I got many bidders.
I contact the winner, he said he can't pay money.
Contacted second, he said he isn't interested to buy.
And then third highest bidder bought it.

Similarly, I was now selling another domain, 2 people made a bid.
1 said his cc is lost and 2nd said he isn't interested.
I made a new thread , selling only the domain. Someone made bid of $11 but said he can pay only $8 when contacted.

What do you think about this ?
________
Universal health

Last edited:
40 comments
Yeah true. But they shouldn't bid in that case.

And this is more than enough. Smoky, one who made $11 bid and saying will pay $8 now and rest later, didn't even pay me and telling he already opened a dispute too. lol
________
Iolite

Last edited:
Yeah true. But they shouldn't bid in that case.

And this is more than enough. Smoky, one who made $11 bid and saying will pay $8 now and rest later, didn't even pay me and telling he already opened a dispute too. lol

I honestly think they bid to boost there post count and hope someone else out bids them.

Such people are everywhere on the internet though. It's sad, but what can you do... :/

I signed up on this forums yesterday because I wanted to contact someone. Now that I'm here (and this forum looks really nice) I will hang out here for some time. I have too some goods I'd like to sell (some 1month RS account for example) but reading your post would discourage me. Do you think these people would open up a dispute over $4 just to scam me? :|

Such people are everywhere on the internet though. It's sad, but what can you do... :/

I signed up on this forums yesterday because I wanted to contact someone. Now that I'm here (and this forum looks really nice) I will hang out here for some time. I have too some goods I'd like to sell (some 1month RS account for example) but reading your post would discourage me. Do you think these people would open up a dispute over $4 just to scam me? :|

I wouldnt worry. The examples he provided were in the case the buyer not coming through to actually purchase the item. They wouldnt go through the trouble to scam for $5. Even if they do, please save proof and they would be ban rather fast.

People here are not scammers, but I would say spammers. They just bid and leave. They won't sure scam you I guess.
Couldn't agree more, I have bought many accounts from those members, by far all deals went smooth, none of them went sour :) Received some spam PMs though ;) That's normal ... Wjunction offers the safest marketplace as compared to other forums...

People also do it to help others. Put in a fake bid to up the price.

True, some people might surely be doing that. But lets assume some made a fake bid of $20 and then actual bid of $25 came. He should ($25 one) not run away after bidding.

Couldn't agree more, I have bought many accounts from those members, by far all deals went smooth, none of them went sour :) Received some spam PMs though ;) That's normal ... Wjunction offers the safest marketplace as compared to other forums...

Yes, its safe one. I don't see scammers here. But spammers mostly.
Like they bid and they won they tell that they don't want to buy, so its not scamming, its spamming I guess. Simply to increase their post or make themselves popular they make fake/spam bid.

should just start banning users who bid then dont come through after they have won problem solved

Yes, thats a good solution. In replies in this thread, I think almost all sellers are facing this problem. People who scam are banned I guess (if proof provided). If this rule is implemented of banning users who simply make a bid and make excuses when they win and refuse to buy, these people will surely not make fake bid.

I agree with the post above ^. 80% of the members here on WJ are poor and even think $10 is too much to buy a domain.

It's interesting to me that people on this site have such little money. Usually webmaster forums have sales of upwards of $1k going on in the marketplace. I've done over $1k worth of buying and selling here but the market is 99.9% kids who don't have money because they live at home or people who legitimately think they can make a living off warez uploading and whatnot.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back