Who Earn More the Webmasters or the Uploaders ?

Who Earn More the Webmasters or the Uploaders ?

• Webmasters

Votes: 78 44.8%
  • Uploaders

Votes: 74 42.5%
  • No One

Votes: 22 12.6%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have never made a penny from any of my sites but some uploaders have so my vote goes to them, Sure i could fill it with ads and make it look like shit but thats not what its all about.

Webmaster. They made benefit of having a site/ member/ article. They can sell it if doesn't want it anymore. They can put ads on a site. advertising ad spot. etc. etc. (They can be uploader too)

Uploader : Upload -->> ppl download --- Money.

I dunno, I've seen some uploaders claiming to make 10-15,000 USD a month. Ridiculous really lol.

Obviously a larger site is always going to make more not to mention the opportunities it creates but uploading to some requires far less effort and brain power. Especially those in second or third world countries.

If your site is well known like tvduck sidereel etc then uploaders earn a sh*tload of views and webmasters earn alot from ad revenue..

PPC or PPV does not pay like people claim it does anymore..

Uploading is the way to go if you want to earn good money fast but pick
a busy site that is well known with high alexa rank and page rank otherwise
your competing against hundreds of other users just to make a few dollars

And even if you do add links to sidereel for example there is no guarantee that your links will
remain there longer than 10 minutes as they only allow a select group upload there and if your not in that group your link is removed.

Tvduck is the same they use to allow up to 100 links per episode but now its 21 links and mostly
links from the moderators

Uploader if: you are dedicated have access to post in many famous sites
Webmaster if: you have high traffic you can grab money through ads, sales, ad spots etc
No one if: you do not have above both facilities

To be honest, the question is not correct. You should've mentioned some factors to be considered.

For Example:
Who earns more ? The webmaster of ABCD.com or the uploader uploading for ABCD.com

If thats the question, then its obvious that the webmaster earns more than the uploader who uploads for ABCD.com
But if that same uploader uploads on EFGH.com too, then chances are there that he earns more than combined income of webmasters of both the sites.

Lets do a case study.

Webmaster A runs a website having 10,000 unique visitors per day. Now, about 60% of the 10k traffic are exposed to uploader B's posts. out of 60%, 45% people will download it and the rest (most probably people with slow connection) will opt out and won't download.
If we count 1 download per visitor, then it'll sum up to 6000 downloads per day and the uploader would earn 150$ from them (if 25$/1000 downloads). But the website gets hit with all 10k users. Most advertising companies pay 0.10-3$/1000 impressions and if we count 20,000 impressions (2X10k - as one homepage, two the post page) then it'll be maximum 60$ (3$X20). But, thats if he has only one 468X60 banner ad. The webmaster will definitely increase this to two banner ads so make it 120$ now. This counts for only impressions (CPM), what about CPC ? the clicks he gets on those banners ? If optimized correctly, then he should get 20% CTR. So that'd be 4000 clicks on the 20k impressions of the banner. This is a significant value and will definitely roll in alot of money.

So the bottom line is, uploader makes less money while the webmaster makes more. If we compare them with our non-virtual lives, then uploaders are like employees and webmasters as the employers. So who earns the most ? employee or the company owner ? That proves it ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back