Status
Not open for further replies.

Royal King

Hey guys,

Recently I was planning to move WarezXtremE from vB to IPB. InFlames! was also eating my head since long :P. So I kinda decided that I might as WJ members if this will be a good step or no. :)

So tell me guys, shall I move to IPB? 8-)

37 comments
IPB is clearly miles ahead of vB at the moment. But to be honest, converting from one forum brand to another is not such a great idea. It's best to stick with what you picked in the beginning.

If you'd make a brand new site then yes, I'd say IPB.

Isnt this why inwarez failed ? They moved from vb too ipb LAWL

They moved to phpBB.

No.

Why? Because IPB lacks in custom mods and vB has a shit load of them.

vB lacks in just about every other area. There are more then enough mods for IPB 3 and the number is increasing constantly. Not a very good argument. Mods are also part of the reason why vB 4 kinda failed. They didn't want to start from scratch like IPB 3 did because they wanted to keep most of the vB 3 content. Result: a pile of horse sh*t. At some point vB too is going to have to break compatibility and start from 0. And when that happens you'll be glad you went with IPB.

Oh lord another vB vs IPB thread.

Everyone who keeps saying vB 3.8 is better than IPB3.0 needs to wake up.

I mean seriously how the fuck you can compare the both is beyond me.

If you want to compare them go for vB4 vs IPB3

And we all know what you think about the latest vB4.

Just go with IPB (even better wait for IPB 3.1). Also what HyperZ said is true, vB is just bad!

It's like this phpBB > IPB > vB > everything else.

iPB r0cks but the thing is that as a member of your site i won't like it, so i guess many won't too!! so why not create a poll in your site n ask for reviews too.! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back