Post your method for promoting DDL site

Status
Not open for further replies.

tw0

Banned
Banned
Please post your most effective method for promoting DDL site,so we can make a cool paper for everyone who is new to this.

24 comments
Offer really good services and features. eg. Litewarez has a huge hype and following and it's not even officially released yet due to the unique features and webmasters area.

Yes,but none of webmasters won't place your links on their site for free
I think little fees for that can help...

I do think that lately there are so many forums and DDL sites around its hardly worth making one anymore. In my eyes a lot of them can be merged together.

To be completely honest, and this is the same reason i dont own a forum/ddl site, you need to go down litewarez's path and make something as unique as it can be. It does mean if you dont know php, your gonna need to learn it, but hey, im sure you've faced tougher things in life, and a lot of people here are more than willing to help if you get stuck.

ddl sites can stand without even doing any effort. example:
before i'v seen mechoddl and undernation growing fast!
today rar*download and atomicwarez have very strong link backs from various sites.

ddlmafia is also good. Those who spend time on their scripts can really stand among others.

I do think that lately there are so many forums and DDL sites around its hardly worth making one anymore. In my eyes a lot of them can be merged together.

To be completely honest, and this is the same reason i dont own a forum/ddl site, you need to go down litewarez's path and make something as unique as it can be. It does mean if you dont know php, your gonna need to learn it, but hey, im sure you've faced tougher things in life, and a lot of people here are more than willing to help if you get stuck.

Yeah... But then once you've got to the programming side it's not easy thinking of ideas :P

Well I am quite imaginitive but theres a line between awesome ideas and actual working ideas :D

But it's definately worth making something unique + good quality, copycat programs/features are never as good as the original

Yeah... But then once you've got to the programming side it's not easy thinking of ideas :P

Well I am quite imaginitive but theres a line between awesome ideas and actual working ideas :D

But it's definately worth making something unique + good quality, copycat programs/features are never as good as the original
It's easy to think of ideas. Their are hundreds of ways you could improve a DDL site if you had the skills.
You could code a bot similar to the Katz one that checks the links are alive and unique.
Even more advanced would be instead of rating the sites with stars, to have a rating system for individual posts so the most popular posts are first more like the way Google works. This would mean if a good site made a crap post it would be further back. All the crap of stars and ranks would also be finally gone.
An advanced search function could make sure that downloads for recent searches, eg latest movies or apps, are always on the front page encouraging people to stay on your site and download more. This would be a lot better than a silly search cloud or recent searches links.
Their's hundreds more and if history has proved anything is that this time next year their'll be a site with more functions and features than litewarez has now.

@zibo CyberJ has put loads of work into AtomicWarez and promoting it. DDL sites do not "stand without even doing any effort".

Mr Happy you are completely wrong :]

First of all recent searches are not for the functionality and secondly a DDL site can perfectly get big without doing anything more than just putting it up. Gotta love Google!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back