Lot of new DDLs - heres what I think.

Status
Not open for further replies.

dim

Banned
Banned
Lately, after katz went down. I think tons of new ddl's are started, with the prospect of becoming next katz. Well, there is nothing wrong is accepting the opportunity. But here is what i've figured out after a month.

First of all, katz was BIG because they had actual visitors coming to download different things. New DDL owners are just asking forum owners to submit their file, but why would they? Because you do not have anyone coming to your website.

If they keep submitting, you don't advertise, they will eventually [not even a week] will loose faith and part ways from you. Also, advertising doesn't mean just some link exchange with other warez sites. There is no point in those link exchanges because no one looks at it. You need to advertise on other media, like on sites which gets tons of people for entertainment etc.

What do you think?

9 comments
First of all, katz was BIG because they had actual visitors coming to download different things. New DDL owners are just asking forum owners to submit their file, but why would they? Because you do not have anyone coming to your website.

From what i've seen;

More indexed pages on Google = Higher traffic (thats not totally accurate, but it usually gives you an idea how long the site has been around for + I dont really want to explain anything else).

Lots of DDL's dont have much content, except I believe Phazeddl + nexus? Maby mecho also, but anyways, imo people should stick to the larger DDL's. Its the reason why katz was an empire - soo many people submitted to it, so that they had much more quality content (for the most part).

Tl;dr - Dont bother with the lil guys :|

I have to agree with Chris. They can't say: "We all started from zero." , that's true in some way, but when it comes to the Internet. Both parties have to work on the traffic of their Website.

Owners of these new DDL sites are just creating threads on various forums about their DDL site. And that doesn't make their site any good than the site submitting to their DDL.

Basically, submitting to new DDL sites is wasting of your precious time.

Heh, that's exactly what I said when Katz went down. "Now as Katz Is down shitload of new DDLs will pop up". Same situation with filehosts few months ago, jesus christ, new filehost every other day. And same happened when Elio sold IMGCentre, shitload of new Image websites.

People don't know where and how to invest their time, so they're like oh look that site got sold for nice $$$ lemme make same (probably copy it as much I can) website and try to get some cash.

there was a lot of ddls before..and people dont send to a more then best 10..other..dont bring trafic..i expect that pphaze will be more popular now :)

DDL sites is a saturated market where you are completing against aged domains and sites. Good luck starting a new one because god knows you are going to need it.

ddl sites only feed on mass ddl submitters. without them they wont be able to start a ddl site.

NEVER

Dude.. what?

DDL's in a sense, are like the Search Engine's of the 'scene', except you gotta submit your pages.

If their were 1000 different Googles (i cant really picture that in my head, 1 is enough as it is), the sheer mass of them would slowly kill off the traffic for each site (as the traffic slowly gets distributed).

This is pretty much exactly the same topic.

http://www.wjunction.com/showthread.php?t=73719

Maybe one should be closed or they could be merged or somthing? idk

@ tdsii I couldn't disagree more. Mass DDL Submitters are terrible. They generally bring poor quality submits. If you have fewer submits it means the sites that do submit to you get more traffic. As most sites submit the same stuff anyway having a smaller amount of sites that submit is a good thing. This also can get you a great reputation among webmasters who will say that you send pretty good traffic. That way you get good sites submitting to you and not hundreds of small shitty warez farms who use mass DDL submitters.

Why do you think Katz banned autosubmitters, Phaze isn't accepting any new sites and I reject about 50% of sites that try to submit?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back