looking for a site review. our first site.

Status
Not open for further replies.

royalmarine

hi guys, looking for a review of our new site.

www.rapidrise.org

i dont think were doing too bad for 14 days.

thanks! and dont spare any feelings. im a big boy :)

9 comments
First of all, I would put your rapidrise theme for all users as default because when I entered the site it was the default vbulletin theme.

For a 14 day site your doing pretty well. Not much a fan of purple though.

the purple theme is being worked on rigoursly at the moment. hoping to make it default sometime tonight.

i know not everyone loves purple, but we have a great response over it.

thanks for the review :)

Hello,

No favicon? Get one! Also, purple isn't a great color for a board IMO, You have a nice set of custom icons 5/5. Also the 'powered by vbulletin' can be removed, put something else or just remove it, not neccessary but would be good. I don't know if you could notice but behind the register, member list and calendar there's something wrong with the image. Although I don't like the purple skin, you need to put it as your default one, since the default vbulletin skin is set. Also, The logo is kinda big, make it smaller and ''more'' professional. The bird looking thing could be your favicon, just a suggestion. Overall, it's a great site with a good start. 7.5/10

Love the site name... always have.
I actually like the layout... no other site has one like it that I have seen.

You have come a long way with the site, especially from what I saw when you first started it.

8/10

thanks for the feedback everyone. and the 5* rating!
we have come a long way in 2 weeks, and were not slowing down :p

hoping to get a front page up and running soon enough, but hard to find the time or the money to buy a good one. we spent a lot of money already but its paying off.

i installd vbulletin 18 days 6 hours and 1 minute ago on the server :p

i spent 3 days working on it before we opened to the public. so yeah about 14 days is all :)
can anyone reccommend some decent methods of income by adverts? so far donations are great, but i cant rely on them all the time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back