HenchFile.com - PPS Only

Status
Not open for further replies.
Premium users CANNOT upload so that is obviously a typo somewhere.

I can read man and above is exactly what you said.

Premium members CANNOT upload.

That basically tells me if I upgrade my account from Registered to Premium membership then I can't upload anymore. No thanks.

So what if I want to download people's files at premium speed? I have to forget about it cause I'm an uploader?

Last edited:
Dear papa,

I think many users (including me) do not understand your decision, that premium users can not make uploads anymore.
Why downloader and uploader are separated so hard? Can you please explain your decision in simple terms?
Why can a premium user upload no files?

And then, with the "death" of Fileserver FS2, most of my archives are dead, because many archives have 1 or 2 parts on FS2.

All together - not a good feeling anymore with Henchfile.com. :unsure:

They won't be around long with a separation of uploaders/downloaders. That's a first for me.

It's like duh, I want to upload and make $$ off my files but at the same time I'm not allow to upgrade to a premium membership and enjoy downloading at premium speeds files other people have posted I might want to download.

Honestly don't think they know what they're doing or even understand how this business even works.

do you banned country Vietnam ??
VM is banned for downloading yes.
I can read man and above is exactly what you said.

Premium members CANNOT upload.

That basically tells me if I upgrade my account from Registered to Premium membership then I can't upload anymore. No thanks.

So what if I want to download people's files at premium speed? I have to forget about it cause I'm an uploader?
No. You have three very simple options:

• Download at 128kbps
  • My Account -> Request Payout -> Create new 7 day Premium account
  • Register as a new user and buy a premium subscription
You're stating the case as if we've removed the ability for your to download completely, but this isn't the case. There are options, you're just moaning.

Dear papa,

I think many users (including me) do not understand your decision, that premium users can not make uploads anymore.
Why downloader and uploader are separated so hard? Can you please explain your decision in simple terms?
Why can a premium user upload no files?

And then, with the "death" of Fileserver FS2, most of my archives are dead, because many archives have 1 or 2 parts on FS2.

All together - not a good feeling anymore with Henchfile.com. :unsure:
They won't be around long with a separation of uploaders/downloaders. That's a first for me.

It's like duh, I want to upload and make $$ off my files but at the same time I'm not allow to upgrade to a premium membership and enjoy downloading at premium speeds files other people have posted I might want to download.

Honestly don't think they know what they're doing or even understand how this business even works.

Let me clarify the current situation and the decision behind making a distinction between downloaders and uploaders.

First of all, forget your preconceived ideas about what you expect from a file host, HenchFile is different and that's what makes our company a success.

Many file sharing sites give registered (free) users the ability to upload, but usually with limitations, such as no FTP, no remote upload etc. In order for them to get those features they must upgrade to a premium account. We recognize that uploaders typically do not want to pay for these features as they consider them features that should come as standard.
In addition to this, we understand that anyone coming to HenchFile to download a file are in most cases un-interested in uploading files.

Therefore we have restructured our plans accordingly.

When someone registers on our site, they are automatically an uploader with full access to unlimited storage space, upload up to 50 files and upload files up to 10GB in size each.

If that uploader would like to download files at unlimited rates they have two options:

• My Account -> Request Payout -> Create new 7 day Premium account
  • Register as a new user and buy a premium subscription
So, it is incorrect to say that uploaders cannot download, because they can.

We acknowledge that we're not going to please everyone and thats fine, we're content with that. Since launching the restructure we have seen a huge increase in uploads, downloads and premium sales because the membership structure better facilitates the users of our service.
If you are not happy with this change go elsewhere. We're not forcing you to use our service at all.

Update on FS2
The server is being rebuilt and we're hopeful that we can retain all data.
2 drives in the server died at the same time, anyone that understands servers knows this is never good.
A further update will be provided when we have one.

New server
Another new 10GBPS server will be brought online later today

We recognize that uploaders typically do not want to pay for these features as they consider them features that should come as standard.
In addition to this, we understand that anyone coming to HenchFile to download a file are in most cases un-interested in uploading files.
If this is the normal case (you think so, me not ;)), why don't you allow a premium downloader to upload files? You say, premium downloaders typically don't upload files. So what is the problem, to let them upload something, if they want?

So I need always 2 accounts. One for uploading only and one for downloading only. That makes no sense for me und I do not know any other filehoster, which acts like that.

It is 100% correct that Uploaders cannot download if they have to purchase a separate premium account just to download then juggle two accounts.

Well good luck, that's about the dumbest most complicated system I've ever seen and I can spot slave uploading with no pay a mile away.

If this is the normal case (you think so, me not ;)), why don't you allow a premium downloader to upload files? You say, premium downloaders typically don't upload files. So what is the problem, to let them upload something, if they want?

So I need always 2 accounts. One for uploading only and one for downloading only. That makes no sense for me und I do not know any other filehoster, which acts like that.
Point taken, I've adjusted it to premium accounts can also upload but only with the same specs of the regular uploads user group.
It is 100% correct that Uploaders cannot download if they have to purchase a separate premium account just to download then juggle two accounts.

Well good luck, that's about the dumbest most complicated system I've ever seen and I can spot slave uploading with no pay a mile away.
Cya.

Point taken, I've adjusted it to premium accounts can also upload but only with the same specs of the regular uploads user group.
Thank you, papa. (y)

What do you mean with "only with the same specs"?
Are there in some cases "better" specs for uploaders?

So I can now upgrade my uploader account to premium and have the same specs for uploading as an uploader-ONLY account? And as a premium downloader I have the specs of the premium conditions?
That's all I asked for.

And now our german friends still wait for a plugin for the popular JDownloader.

Files deleted after 15 days from last download isn't inviting to any uploader at all especially when there is no option for an uploader to increase storage time.

Thank you, papa. (y)

What do you mean with "only with the same specs"?
Are there in some cases "better" specs for uploaders?

So I can now upgrade my uploader account to premium and have the same specs for uploading as an uploader-ONLY account? And as a premium downloader I have the specs of the premium conditions?
That's all I asked for.

And now our german friends still wait for a plugin for the popular JDownloader.
I meant that the premium account will allow you to upload the same amount as an uploader account as well as download unlimited.
Files deleted after 15 days from last download isn't inviting to any uploader at all especially when there is no option for an uploader to increase storage time.
15 days? What are you talking about. Its 60!
Where is Liberty Reserve Gone???
Liberty Reserve is a payment and payout option? Are you referring to their maintenance?

Why is this so crazy and not stable at all?

bild2kz.png
I have no idea, its not a reflection on our service. There are so many factors to consider that we have no control over.

Is it a reaction to the loss of fileserver FS2?
No leecher wants to download uncomplete archives?
Ok, we will see the next days...

Update:
FS2's data has been saved. I'm transferring it to another server right now. No ETA on how long that'll take at the moment.

Update:
75% of the files from FS2 have been transferred to a working server.
FS2 has been turned on - readonly so people can download files off that server. Transfers may be slow though.

Another new 10GBPS server has just been brought online.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back