FileSonic.com – $17PPS, $35/1000 Downloads – Make Your Life Easier - Go with FS!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Got a few question since I can't find them on Filesonic FAQ.

1.How much storage space for free user and is it unlimited for premium user like fileserve?

2.Ftp Broken uploads resume-able for premium user?

Thanks!

Hey,
There is no limit for the amount of space, for more details checkout this page http://www.filesonic.com/premium . And yes you should be able to resume a broken upload with FTP if you're a premium user.

Thanks
Naija

I had uploaded files to your servers a few months back and totally forgot about them. When I started using your service again recently i saw you guys had sent me a payment of 17 dollars but at that time i had no paypal account listed in my account options where did that money go?

In my opinion

Having access to several free and premium file hosting accounts, and having testing and used most of them, file sonic does some good things. This is probably why filesonic is gaining popularity. After using this service I could say these things.

1. The above stated, good payout rates, with a low payment threshold $15.
2. The remote upload works damn good. You don't have to stay on that page till the file uploads, and you can check back and get a % of completion, while over at fileserve.com the remote file uploads just say "pending..." and you can not tell how long they have left.
3. Overall good file size limits / short download wait / decent to very good speeds (upload and download)

The rate of files removed (probably due to copyright complaint, ect) is very high for filesonic. I've seen instances where files that were only a few minutes/hours old are instantly removed. Again not important because it's not you intend on downloading illegal files anyway (right, guys?).

I know there are users who upload only legit, legal files. In reality, the dark underbelly of the internet where people download and share illegal files make up a large portion of the people using the sites. So for these folks sometimes popular file hosts like filesonic or fileserve are desirable because a lot of people prefer these sites to get their downloads. There are other file hosting sites with lower rates of file take downs. Netload.In is a popular file host where files being removed take longer(this is arguable), if they are removed. As long as the links stay alive, they can continue to rack up more download points (and or money balance). On the same token, Netload.in isn't as solid in other areas of it's service. (400mb file size limit, lower pay rate, website usability is cumbersome and not as clean cut as file sonic.

Overall I think they are a solid file hosting service, as long as they can maintain all the needs of their users, they will remain very popular.

Keep in mind of those file hosters that were at the lead of the pack, which is easy to flop. Rapidshare, for example, has flopped. Rapidshare was #1 for so long, so they arn't just going to go away over night. It is still very popular, due to name brand, but they really lost a step or two. THe picture below I have compared Rapidshare.com, Hotfile.com, and Filesonic.com.

aetkdg.png

Filesonic.com being in the red, has a sharp increase since starting, but look at rapidshare's decrease.

Filesonic is on the right track but ^^^ It's easy to fall off.

Tyyymyshoe
http://www.filehostingdirectory.com

How do you think they're any good?
Apart from 4+ months with insanely crappy upload functions (uploads fail all the time etc) the free speed is extremely slow (60kb/s?), 60 sec waiting time, button is hidden at the bottom, and the worst, after spreading shitloads of 1gb links they suddenly only allow free users to download 400mb files basically making all my uploads useless. Shame.

That is crappy they made those changes, but if you split your files (which I know, the point of having a premium account is so you don't have to), you can still upload them and get paid for your downloads.

Even if you split your links, you could still probably make quite a bit. I would be frustrated with that as well, but I would probably try to break even.

It wouldn't of been my choice for deciding what people download from and stuff. They came out of Nowhere, popular from day one it seemed. But in my own opinions there are way better services, BUT if you might not get as many downloads, because everybody is wanting links from these sites.

I was just giving a review of overall service, if they can change to the times and needs of their users (which in your case doesn't sound like they are doing a good job!)

Could be here and gone by next year.

**EDIT**

About thier uploads, I have only really used the remote upload. Then I would post links from a premium account I have access to, and upload them that way.

filesonic

I've been using mipony, a jdownloader alternative and it's giving me 200kb-250kb p/s as a free user on filesonic. Speeds are pretty good for me.

They high payouts attract people to use their service. I have better luck with file hosts that are not as well known: less people will download your links, but your links do not get removed as quickly. As a matter of fact, I've never had a file removed. So over time I make money because my link is the only one still alive.
One of the hosts I use is Enterupload.. and their payout is only 10 dollars, but like I said not many people may download from it... unless it's the only link still standing

Having access to several free and premium file hosting accounts, and having testing and used most of them, file sonic does some good things. This is probably why filesonic is gaining popularity. After using this service I could say these things.

1. The above stated, good payout rates, with a low payment threshold $15.
2. The remote upload works damn good. You don't have to stay on that page till the file uploads, and you can check back and get a % of completion, while over at fileserve.com the remote file uploads just say "pending..." and you can not tell how long they have left.
3. Overall good file size limits / short download wait / decent to very good speeds (upload and download)

The rate of files removed (probably due to copyright complaint, ect) is very high for filesonic. I've seen instances where files that were only a few minutes/hours old are instantly removed. Again not important because it's not you intend on downloading illegal files anyway (right, guys?).

I know there are users who upload only legit, legal files. In reality, the dark underbelly of the internet where people download and share illegal files make up a large portion of the people using the sites. So for these folks sometimes popular file hosts like filesonic or fileserve are desirable because a lot of people prefer these sites to get their downloads. There are other file hosting sites with lower rates of file take downs. Netload.In is a popular file host where files being removed take longer(this is arguable), if they are removed. As long as the links stay alive, they can continue to rack up more download points (and or money balance). On the same token, Netload.in isn't as solid in other areas of it's service. (400mb file size limit, lower pay rate, website usability is cumbersome and not as clean cut as file sonic.

Overall I think they are a solid file hosting service, as long as they can maintain all the needs of their users, they will remain very popular.

Keep in mind of those file hosters that were at the lead of the pack, which is easy to flop. Rapidshare, for example, has flopped. Rapidshare was #1 for so long, so they arn't just going to go away over night. It is still very popular, due to name brand, but they really lost a step or two. THe picture below I have compared Rapidshare.com, Hotfile.com, and Filesonic.com.

aetkdg.png

Filesonic.com being in the red, has a sharp increase since starting, but look at rapidshare's decrease.

Filesonic is on the right track but ^^^ It's easy to fall off.

Tyyymyshoe
http://www.filehostingdirectory.com

Really appreciate your review man.. And its not just bullshit makeup story either.

wtf..!!

i am daily user of filesonic.!!

2 days ago i have check my earnings..

it was smthin 5.5..

now today i check my earnings it was e..

y..:(

this new filehost sucks ass, sharingmatrix was way better, dont know what filesonic is doing, u hard get any downloads :( avoid filehost lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back