FileServe - Make Money - Up to $25 per 1000 downloads (Official thread)

Status
Not open for further replies.
@Ricky

We count every successfully completed download. For anonymous and free users that download from Fileserve, we count one unique file per each unique IP counted every 24 hours. This means, that an anonymous or a free user on the same IP, but downloading two different files will count for two qualified downloads.
For premium users that download from FileServe, we count one file per each unique IP counted every 24 hours. This means, that a premium user on the same IP, but downloading two different files will count for one qualified downloads.

Does that mean that I can only get 1 download per premium user, independently of how much he downloads in a day?:|

^^

Nope, that means you can only get 1 point per file in a day...

ie : if a premium downloads your file 4 times within 24hours, you only get 1 point ;)

^^

No, that's not what it says...

For premium users that download from FileServe, we count one file per each unique IP counted every 24 hours. This means, that a premium user on the same IP, but downloading two different files will count for one qualified downloads.

So that means if a premium user downloads 50 different files in a day, you only get one download. :|

Latest News on FS dashboard:

Dear Fileserve users,

We are currently in the process of calculating the earnings for the 4th of July. Statistics for 5th of July are being calculated close to real time. You will see your statistics for 4th and 5th go up together.

We expect and hope everything will have caught up within the next 6-7 hours (1pm EST). The payout button will appear once the 4th of July is all calculated. All payout requests will be honored same week even though they are requested on Tuesday.

Best regards,

FileServe

^^

No, that's not what it says...

So that means if a premium user downloads 50 different files in a day, you only get one download. :|

Correct............

Possible later on we will find a way to proper reward you for Premium user downloads :) - We always have our affiliates in the back of our head. We don't abandon you to float in your own rubber-dingy.

^^ Well what about a ratio then? For example, if a Premium user gets 10 times the speed of a free user, maybe 10 downloads should qualify as one? :) Something along those lines would be good. :)

@ RickyFS:

you guys are calculating everything in the background despite the news posted on FS dashboard, aren't you?? Cause stats are not moving, for the 4th or the 5th (today)....

Hey everyone...news update.

We are a little bit more than halfway in calculating everything for 4th of July. After that we will be able to put the payout button back, and some will be paid, while others have to wait for tomorrow.

I thank you all in advance for your understanding, patience and trust in us! And I'd like to apologize in advance for this delay... IF you've been with us for some time, you will know that issues will be dealt with, e.g. Remote and FTP speeds. And download speeds.

Downloading 1TB with a great connection is easy for a Premium user. You ask me if we should be paying you for a Premium user downloading that much - that would mean we would have to drop the general payout to 10 dollars max. I'm pretty sure you don't want that, especially when 95% of all downloads are performed by FREE users.

Ricky - Download speeds are still slow for me :( and they timeout as well :( The server I am trying to download from is fs32v2dm. Is that server overloaded?

32 shouldn't be one of the slow servers. Not many connections to it. Could you give it a crack again? maybe even paste the URL to me via PM, then I'll try with my (bad) connection

Downloading 1TB with a great connection is easy for a Premium user. You ask me if we should be paying you for a Premium user downloading that much - that would mean we would have to drop the general payout to 10 dollars max. I'm pretty sure you don't want that, especially when 95% of all downloads are performed by FREE users.

Sure, right now there's really no problem with the way things are, as there as still very few premium users in the first place. Of course, you're also entirely right in saying that because premium users can easily download as much as they want, you cannot treat a premium download the same as a free one. That would just make FS go bankrupt or drop the payout rate, and no one here wants any of that.

A way to deal with that problem might be to make a ratio of qualified downloads, i.e. you would get 1 qualified download for every 10 downloads (or some other number). Another solution could also be to limit the number of qualifying downloads a premium user can give in a day. So, for example, a premium user could download all he wants but only his first 100 downloads would count as qualified.

Like you said, this is not a major issue right now, and FS have got more important things on their hand at the moment. I believe that for a long time, RS did not even count premium downloads whatsoever. Still, it wouldn't hurt to rethink downloads are counted when people start moving to premium accounts on FS. :)

News update guys...in case you don't see the news:

Dear Fileserve users,

We are currently in the process of calculating the earnings for the 4th of July. Statistics for 5th of July are being calculated close to real time. You will see your statistics for 4th and 5th go up together.

Current status (1pm EST)
SATURDAY Earnings: FINAL
SUNDAY Earnings: 50% processed
MONDAY Earnings: Not processed

We expect and hope everything will have caught up shortly. The payout button will appear once the 4th of July is all calculated - if we still have problems then, we will find a solution that works. All payout requests will be honored same week even though they are requested on Tuesday.

Best regards,

FileServe

Good job :)

You said the payout button will appear once you guys finish fixing the stats stuff.

Is that today or tmr that the button reappears?=)

Takes me 15 mins to upload a file from my RL and the same file took me 20 secs in RS. I used two diff RLs to do the test. It wasn't this slow previously o_O

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back