Filefactory Discussion Thread - Post your discussions related to Filefactory here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
^
No, they don't have that suicidal policy anymore. Still, nothing to be delighted at: they have many other problems to solve.....

By the way, Remote Upoload is still sucking again today. This time, even if files do promptly appear in your File Manager, when you go check the newly created links, half of them give you: "Server error". :facepalm:

And after the "Your previous ticket is with one of the technicians, he will respond ASAP" message they sent to me on Monday early-morning, still no news from their Support Center.

Last edited:
Hyd2Oxygen : I had misunderstood and now i corrected the above post.

For Upload better use Zoom uploader or web upload (in my personal experience using zoom, if the file is uploaded 100% and no download link after 15 to 30 mins i can see the file uploaded successful in the file manger. Also best upload time is 11pm to 3am GMT)

No sales of these days

2012-06-20_1614.png

There sales program sucks. Because most people just get a monthly if they get an account and then FF sends them email about some great renewal options. So you need to constantly find new members for them. But when filesonic and MU were up I used to get 2-3 sales a day on average, now its more like 1 or 2 a week but I get a lot more downloads. But at like less than $5 for 1000 valid downloads even thats not worth it. Now if the host worked it would not be a problem but this is futile, All the pain and no gain. Many people dont realise their uploads are failing. They only find out when they go to download it and find the file is corrupted. And this happens anytime. Every host that uses this crappy software seems to have similar problems. But FF also have some really crappy servers where their raid controllers fail even when they replace it.

^
You said it all in just half a dozen lines, alientech. I agree with everything you wrote: ridiculous sales program.... people not realising their links are down and their files are missing.... failing servers..... crappy ftp AND crappy remote upload (last night it got stuck again). And their Support Center is still absconding, or it just gives you BS generic replies such as "we are aware of that, we are working on it". Yeah. Unfortunately, this is the same rigmarole they are singing for the past 2 months by now.
And now even stats are frozen!!! According to them, today I collected ZERO downloads since midnight (it's 11:50 AM here in continental Europe). :facepalm:

Ok, it's definitely time to drop these incompetent people and move on to somewhere else.
Despite my firm belief that the era of paying file hosts is rapidly coming to an end and that the future of file sharing relies now on the torrent/VPN duo (and I'm still keeping an eye at Usenet and NZB files) I'd like to give it another go.
I'm looking for a file host with:

- a PPD program
- a good service, not a failing one (ie. Remote and FTP which actually work)
- reliable servers
- at least 1 year of activity already

I don't even take into consideration file hosts born after January 2012. They are simply a vehicle for their admins to try to make some quick money out of gullible people and then run. All of them.

I already know Bitshare and Freakshare (same owner; they ban accounts because of DMCA, they have a not very good remote and they are banned from many ISP), Shareflare and Letitbit (they both try to install software on your machine), Extabit (a biased PPD program: too much dependent on your sales over the previous week) and Depositfiles (again, too eager to ban accounts because of DMCA).
I know there are not many good options out there, and many file hosts have some weird restrictions. I'm trying to collect infos and opinions about Turbobit and Unibytes, in particular. Apparently Russian file hosts are our last hope, all things considered, since they basically don't give a f*ck about the Washington government and the increasingly strict laws that are intimidating file hosts all over Europe now.
What do you guys think? What about you, alientech?

Last edited:
Sales are low, stats are low but they always has been like.
Some people want more but I don't think FF is gonna do any changes.
My only concern with them is that they can't never seem to fix the upload issue.

There Affiliate program is more like 50/50.

Hyd2Oxygen : I had misunderstood and now i corrected the above post.

For Upload better use Zoom uploader or web upload (in my personal experience using zoom, if the file is uploaded 100% and no download link after 15 to 30 mins i can see the file uploaded successful in the file manger. Also best upload time is 11pm to 3am GMT)

same problem, I can't buy 3,6,12 month premium.Always 2.40 $ :(

Sales are low, stats are low but they always has been like.
Some people want more but I don't think FF is gonna do any changes.
My only concern with them is that they can't never seem to fix the upload issue.

There Affiliate program is more like 50/50.

Barrix, my stats for today seem to me a bit less than simply "low".....

downstat.jpg

They are FROZEN: I know I got downloads this morning. :facepalm:
When you think you've pointed out all FF problems, there a new one pops up..... Come on guys, let's not clutch at straws, let's try to be objective: this file host is going adrift.

Last edited:
Sometime you get luck, sometime you don't. I don't even contact for support neither need their help. If everything is good for now, then good. If not, I got no problem :)

Thinking and commenting is not gonna help.
If FF is giving issues, try another host for a day until things settles down and so on.

One or two days is not kill anything. There's always going to be high and low.

Doing is better than complaining

20120.jpg

---------- Post added at 05:09 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:57 PM ----------

Oh really? You show us your payment from last month and you write "doing is better than complaining"? Really? And "doing" what, exactly? Swearing against RU and FTP which work in fits and starts? Reuploading for the second, the third or even the fourth time files whose links go down after a week? Watching calmly your stuff going missing or lost after a few days because of their crappy servers? Or you simply don't even care about all that?
And now even stats are (still) frozen!!

Stiven, you are the same guy who wrote this post 4 days ago.....
free user always cannot download :facepalm:
i made about $40-70 per day last three months , but now only about $20 per day from last week:facepalm:

and this one just 3 days ago, right?
this is a shiiit filehost i have never seen!

Well, you better sort out your ideas and try to develop a coherent argument.....

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back