Filefactory Discussion Thread - Post your discussions related to Filefactory here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
It seems they have fixed the problem, right now I am getting pretty decent upload speed from LeaseWeb NL server, up to 16 MB/s.
The problem is not the upload speed, the problem is that a large number of files never make their way to the file manager after being uploaded.

The problem is not speed,when i tried to upload it went up to 60 MB or less,but the fucking problem is that it doesnt generate the link always,yesterday it did the same but after some tries it uploaded it,now it doesnt do even that.

^
Exactly. The problem is not the upload speed, the problem is that the stuff doesn't always make it to the File Manager. That AND the fact that too many of your links go down after a week. AND files keep getting missing, or lost, or they are corrupt, forcing you to reup over and over again (you better check what you uploaded over the last 2 months, after they installed their new servers at the beginning of May: you'll find that a good 20-25% of your files is gone).
AND download speed that varies too much from file to file (from 50 kb/s to your full bandwidth). AND the Remote Upload which usually works in fits and starts.

Is there something positive? Oh yeah, they have a very good and user-friendly File Manager, though. One of the best around. I give them that.
It seems to be the only good thing, at the moment. :facepalm:

Last edited:
lol its funny we went through these same problems last year and when we complained they banned us from posting. Thats how I found this thread since we could not post it in their forum. I knew when they went unlimited thing would really go downhill since it had all these problems even with limiting uploads and downloads. They might have to redo a lot of their software since it looks like the hardware works only when new, once some load comes in things go downhill. Heck even filesonic had problems and so did megaupload and those guys had a lot more money to burn. filesonic fixed the overload problem by saying files got some weird signature hit and got deleted. Megaupload just sat there for days and did nothing until you deleted it yourself. No one can do unlimited these days.. People with gig ports can easily send a terrabyte of data a day! 20 people doing that a day and its time for a new server every single day.

I have 2 servers with gig ports
though the one spends 90% of it's time just encoding
still if I can't send at at-least 30MBs I get annoyed
im not uploading to FF rate now though
yesterday I sent 1000 files and only 40 arrived (time to move on)
maybe try again later

You are right, alientech. But considering what is the situation nowadays on the whole, you do realize, don't you, that for the future of file sharing the next logical step to take should be what I wrote in the last paragraph of post #677 of this thread (page 68): ie. torrent and VPN, seedboxes and private trackers. TOR and I2P to browse the Internet.
And better have another look at Usenet and NZB files again.....

1340118694-nope.jpg

1340118694-nope.jpg

1340118694-nope.jpg

1340118694-nope.jpg

1340118694-nope.jpg

that is all I get when I try to upload.

why should it take 40 min to remote upload a 300 mb file?

The same here, after 9 PM EST speed is improving a bit and then slows down to almost zero in the morning. I really surprised that people are saying they don't have problem with upload speed and could do upload with a speed up to 60MB/s. I wish someone could open my eyes and reveal what ISP they use.

hi guys..,

anybody know whether filefactory ban free user account if receive DMCA

they r not banning premium account

any free user banned before for uploading DMCA files

still saw lot of people uploading warez and got paid...may be they r all premium...what abt free user ??

hi guys..,

anybody know whether filefactory ban free user account if receive DMCA

they r not banning premium account

any free user banned before for uploading DMCA files

still saw lot of people uploading warez and got paid...may be they r all premium...what abt free user ??
You can try it, i am premium member so i have not much idea.

You may contact support system for the above question

Does anyone know if rates change if i enable direct downloads?

Edit : Direct download means you can directly download the file from the link using Download Manager (works only for premium users)

It has no relation with rates.

Last edited:
^
catturact.jpg

@augustusrome: no, enabling Direct Download doesn't mean that "free users can download like premium users"

@gibalah: after using up your daily TrafficShare limit, your downloaders will revert to the free download system.

As for the upload issues: right now FTP is working fine for me, and files immediately appear in the File Manager. I will try Remote Upload in a couple of hours.
But I haven't received any news from the Support Center yet. And I'd like to know if 20-25% of my stuff will still go missing or lost within a week, forcing me to reup again and again. As it happened all the time over the past 2 months.....

Last edited:
Hyd2Oxygen : I had misunderstood and now i corrected the above post.

For Upload better use Zoom uploader or web upload (in my personal experience using zoom, if the file is uploaded 100% and no download link after 15 to 30 mins i can see the file uploaded successful in the file manger. Also best upload time is 11pm to 3am GMT)

@augustusrome: I normally use Filezilla and FTP. I agree with you that best uploading time is during the night (CET), but over the past weeks there have been too many troubles both with FTP and Remote Upload. Day and night. Let's also mention the 20-25% failure rate of your files going missing or lost within few days after a successful upload. It's not tolerable going on like this. It's frustrating and time consuming. And I'm seriously thinking about leaving FF.
I miss FileSonic and I miss the great stability of Netload (when they still had a PPD plan: now it's not worthy anymore....) Why FileFactory can't offer as much a reliable service? They earn a lot because they pay very low, but they are not a scam site which just thinks to take the money and run (they are in this business since the last 5 or 6 years): why you don't improve your hardware for real, trying to win over all of us homeless orphans?

@bloodsucker: well, considering what augustusrome has upped on his website, I definitely think so. :D

Last edited:
Anyone here knows if filefactory allows adult content?
yes filefactory allows adult content

---------- Post added at 01:27 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:24 PM ----------

@augustusrome: I normally use Filezilla and FTP. I agree with you that best uploading time is during the night (CET), but over the past weeks there have been too many troubles both with FTP and Remote Upload. Day and night. Let's also mention the 20-25% failure rate of your files going missing or lost within few days after a successful upload. It's not tolerable going on like this. It's frustrating and time consuming. And I'm seriously thinking about leaving them.
I miss FileSonic and I miss the great stability of Netload (when they still had a PPD plan: now it's not worthy anymore....) Why FileFactory can't offer as much a reliable service? They earn a lot because they pay very low, but they are not a scam site which just thinks to take the money and run (they are in this business since the last 5 or 6 years): why not thinking about improving your hardware for real?

@bloodsucker: well, considering what augustusrome has upped on his website, I definitely think so. :D

these questions are not answered FF team and i have no answer why this is only host that has so many issues with uploading than others ?

Most of us miss Filesonic. Only thing is FF is still exists which is good news so for.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back