Status
Not open for further replies.

mr-cracker

where is the wrong in this?!

Hi all,
I was wondering why its not allowed for someone to advertise for its own website, even though he is providing a complete different website than wjunction??

I can't see any harm for wjunction if someone for example advertise for his image uploading website???

isn't wjunction meant for webmasters?? its not making any sense for me!!!

14 comments
Promotes spam for a site that in most cases will not last long. We need a Link section like w-bb maybe where you can post your site. Most just use reviews here

no i'm talking about a section where you can share your website, actually i'm talking about my case, i've shared my website here but the thread was deleted, although my website content will not affect wjunction popularity at all, i was just trying to get more customers??

isn't this what all webmasters do??
as i said wjunction (in this point) s not making any sense for me

The rule for "Useful Sites" is:-

Found a useful or cool site? Share it here. Do not advertise your own site.

As you posted your own site it was deleted.

You were also advised in CB to place the site up for "Review", that way you would get feedback and advertise it at the same time.

in Site Review?? but i don't want my site be reviewed?? i want to get customers not reviewers? this is a webmasters forum isn't it?? would you please define webmasters forum for me??

If you're so desperate to gain "customers", just post in here http://www.wjunction.com/forumdisplay.php?f=17 when your site is promoted on a DDL. If you don't know what to post in that section, here's a hint: NetMasterz.net promoted to 2*!!! A webmasters forum isn't for "webmasters" to advertise their site throughout the day, it's a forum for "webmasters" to interact with other "webmasters". It's not all about advertising your own site.

thanks but i'm not talking about netmasterz, i'm talking about new website of mine that i spent 3 weeks in writing it but when i finished it and opened i saw that webmasters forum is not accepting it??
by the way, i can not submit my new website to katz bcuz its not warez

Ah, well, just ask for a review mate or put a link to the site on your signature and post on threads -- That way you're doing two things at once, advertising and posting! :) (Obviously, don't spam)

posting in site review and adding it to signature is ok but starting new thread about it is not allowed?? this is not making any sense for me.

what if you have a webhosting and ur regular prize is 20$/month, but u made an offer for one week only and u lowered the prize for 10$/month?? how can you let the others know about it??
the simple answer is, posting the offer in webmasters forums (aka wjunction) and obviously that will not be spamming because u r offering real service

Could you link me to the site? If it's webhosting obviously you have to edit your post and then post within the thread that the prices are updated. You're making things hard man, just please shut up about it already.

P.S. We make sense, but you don't. When you post, make sure you read your post before posting!

If you're having an offer for your webhosting, you would post it somewhere in the hosting section.

However, if you're site is anything else, like a forum for example, there really isn't any point advertising here. We're webmasters, and hence we're not your target audience. If you want advertisement, you advertise on forums viewed by your target audience.

The site reviews section is where you can advertise your website and get a review at the same time.

If you're not looking for a review then tough. We won't be adding a new section where the majority of the threads will end up looking like this:

Example said:
hi guys
check my site out: www.example.com

If you want to advertise your own site you can use your sig and their's also a place in your profile so it will appear in the postbit of ever post you make. that's more than enough areas to spam your site.
If your traffic is falling and need visitors that bad then close WJ for a while and do some research on SEO.

No they r not supposed to be like that, if anyone post something like that then u have vbulletin infractions and ban system. anyhow if you don't want then its ok for me its your site.

by the way i searched for some webmasters websites and posted the exact same thread which u deleted here and they did not delete it.
This was my suggestion, because i saw webmaster hangout in the title
So now you r asking me to post my offer in the site review section right??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back