when i must decide to move from shared to vps?

Status
Not open for further replies.
15 comments
ok, but i don't to wait until they suspend me...
is there another mark rather than suspending? such the online visitors, daily visits, daily new posts?

when your members start complaining or you notice it
when you get 500 errors , when theres a spike in traffic to your site.

depends on you really :P
generally any offshore shared host will give you some problems at some time .. if you have the resources to go for a VPS, then do it .

Who is your current Web Host ?
http://liquidnetltd.net - DC in Sweden/Stockholm

when your members start complaining or you notice it
when you get 500 errors , when theres a spike in traffic to your site.

depends on you really
generally any offshore shared host will give you some problems at some time .. if you have the resources to go for a VPS, then do it .

If u have enough money just go for VPS

When people start complaining about the loading speed of the site.

When you start getting more hits and pageviews then shift your server.
I didn'r receive any complient from members, and i didn't notice any slowing in my site..
it just the number of visits increased, and in my cp i saw that iam using more than the allowed CPU (allowed CPU = 4.5% , while my forum load was 5.4% yesterday!)
it is not the money problem, but it just that vps, i didn't use it before and didn't know anything about it....

Dont wait until you start receiving errors due to high load.If you see and think that site is and will be performing well go for better hosting.

Database error in vBulletin :
mysql_connect() [<a href='function.mysql-connect'>function.mysql-connect</a>]: Too many connections
/home/xxx/public_html/includes/class_core.php on line 312

I would say wen ur site gets *3 thn its the time!

Dont wait until you start receiving errors due to high load.If you see and think that site is and will be performing well go for better hosting.

about that error message, i didn't get it yet...
now iam 2* on katz ...
yes, i'll move soon to vps soon, but i need to learn somethings about vps before moving (really there is no time cause the new session of my medical college is very soon)...
guys you can check my site and tell me your opinion about the load:
http://www.studentsharez.com/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back