Votes: 41 20.2%
  • Dedicated

Votes: 67 33.0%
  • Other

Votes: 8 3.9%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I use shared for one reason only. See when you use dedicated YOU and ONLY YOU are responsible if someone screams copyright infringement. BUT the benefit is you can provide direct dls.

With shared hosting theres no risk as long as its truly off-shore.The negative is that you cant host warez on their server. I rely on RS, MU, etc for that.

See when you use dedicated YOU and ONLY YOU are responsible if someone screams copyright infringement. BUT the benefit is you can provide direct dls.
That's not necessarily true. You are still responsible for whatever actions you do on your hosting account. You can easily find what websites are hooked on the same IP address. Hosting direct downloads on your server is illegal, no matter if it's on a shared or a dedicated server.

With shared hosting theres no risk as long as its truly off-shore.
There is. lol
.The negative is that you cant host warez on their server.
Hosting warez either way is taking huge risks.. wouldn't be surprised if you got a visit from some feds :

H%ll yes!

BUT I can only speak for my hosting they will fight bc they know they are liable for my content BUT in their country they dont have any digital millenia acts or copyright laws. BUT yes I hear you. Technically ANY site can have a problem with the feds.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back