What would you do

Status
Not open for further replies.

Daniel

Hello.

I want to start this new project and I can't really decide if I want to run a blog or a forum, or maybe both.

I will write my own tutorials/guides about one specific subject, for this I would prefer having a wordpress blog, but I would more rather have the members to discuss and share their own tips and therefore I want to have a forum.

What would you do? Overall I do like forums much more because of the community and that we can hangout and have fun and discuss or w.e.

I could always just create the tuts/guides in the forums as well.

Any thoughts?

11 comments
Blog, if your posts are good and you use some plugins (like, reply on eachothers comments) a community feeling can start fast.

Edit: Also for google

Thanks for your replies.

Which domain sounds best:

Code:
uploadinghelp

Code:
uploadingtips

or anything else?

I assume you already know what i'm going to write about.

Register them both, and redirect one to another ^^

What RK said, I wouldn't do. Your community won't be big enough for a blog and forum.. most sites fail on that.

Obviously only a blog will work. Uploaders are 99% automated these days. You can't have an active community with a niche market who are so dependant on automation.

They'd expect you to supply a script for them that would automatically reply to the tutorials on their behalf.

lol Mr Happy, yeah thats true :)

UploadingTips.tld is very nice

You can get #1 position in SERP for "uploading tips" keyword (y)

When someone googles for uploading guides or tricks, what would they search? As that is a key factor to making your blog/forum, your website, successful in the sense of google ranking. I would open a poll with "uploading tips", "uploading tricks", "uploading help", etc. Some people are to lazy to post. That is my recommendation. Forums would be a good thing to as support for your blog.

I would go for forum. With tutorials and stuff you get interaction from your readers, if your tutorials are really good you can make a special section for members only or paying members only, better to monetize I think

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back