Status
Not open for further replies.

ACE

I was wondering if us member can get a mod permissions to lock and unlock our own topics? I think that would be a really great it.

What do you guys think about this idea? Makes us have some more control over our own topics.

15 comments
I think it would have pros and cons like said above.

Pros
- Topic out of hand no need for a mod
- When sold the item or got help or what ever could close without the need of a mod

Cons
- Closing topics for no reason

True but for the topic to close it should have a reason. If there is a group of people talking about something and then you just decide to close it, I don't think it is right.

Don't take it wrong I think its a good idea but I thought of this before on adding it to my site(s) and never did. there were more cons I just can't think of them atm

well what if somebody had a dispute, and the person closed the thread to avoid being flamed? It would require a moderator, and as such, renders the mod useless.

Theres no need for this to be honest, if you want a thread closed just report the thread when you see a moderator online and it will be closed ASAP. :)

Sorry ACE but I have to decline this one lol.

It would be hellish. One example: if someones thread isn't going the way they want it = locked. Then the user(s) wanting to reply create another thread on the same topic. Redundant.

There's a reason why mods should only have the ability to close threads, and that's to maintain equality and more or less some sanity on here xD.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back