Upgrading PhpMyAdmin ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

feronso

Hi,

I have installed PhpMyAdmin 3.4.8, now i want to upgrade this to latest 3.5.1, i read the official Wiki on phpmyadmin website, where write conf.inc file only the thing that i need to backup. but unfortunately, i have not found this file in my directory anywhere.

could anyone help me to perform this ?

thanks

6 comments
Are you sure ?

i will, but i don't want to lost config file if have any.

Also, there is huge change in directory structure between the versions 3.4.8 to 3.5.1.

which os did you use?

if you used debian or ubuntu it's either in
/etc/phpmyadmin/
or
/usr/share/phpmyadmin/

I'm not sure if the dir contain capitals ( /phpMyAdmin/ )

The config file contains the pma ( short for phpmyadmin >_> ) username and password needed to do various shit.
For basic usage it isn't required but it doesn't hurt to just install it properly.

I'd make a note of the username and password, let the config file get overwritten, reopen the new config file and edit the username and password to match your old ones.

Note:
If you're installing using some sort of package-manager neglect ALL I said and just let it get overwritten. Most likely you'll get prompted for the mysql root password and everything gets done for you.

Hi,

I have installed PhpMyAdmin 3.4.8, now i want to upgrade this to latest 3.5.1, i read the official Wiki on phpmyadmin website, where write conf.inc file only the thing that i need to backup. but unfortunately, i have not found this file in my directory anywhere.

could anyone help me to perform this ?

thanks
What is your Operating System?

Hi, the OS is CentOS Latest.

i have done the job by uploading the new files and moving the old one into another folder. i have found that there is no config file because the hosting have not implemented advanced settings and phpmyadmin have default settings running.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back