SSH Tunneling ( Use your vps/dedi as socks5 proxy)

Status
Not open for further replies.

desiboy

we can use this method to hide your IP address while browsing is public forums for some privacy reasons ..

what is SSH Tunneling ?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tunneling_protocol

2mi02yu.gif

Requirements

Putty (Here)
A shell account ( not necessarily a root account )
Mozilla Firefox

Procedure

Open Putty
9fwbar.png

and type your host name and the ssh port ( by default it will be 22)

and then

2ngakps.png

Click on ssh > Tunnels

and enter a source port (something above thousand will do )
lets use 1337 :P and then click on Dynamic for Destination
and click add..

and then you can go back to Session and you can save that settings with the desired name so that you can skip these things for the next time :P
and click open ..and then you have to login with the credentials what you have ( root or any shell acc will do )

and then minimise the putty window..

next we will open the firefox settings tab and fill thedetails as shown in the below image

8vrl8g.png

select the port what you have used as source port in the putty window (we had used 1337 )..

and save the settings..
you are done..
then make sure that its working by visiting any site which shows the ip, and other details ..
on of the sites is ipmango.com

enjoy..

14 comments
Thank You

Was recently wondering how i would go about doing this...

Wow very useful thread. Thanks mate!

WOW !
I'll surely add it to TutsBy.Me
Thanks desiboy

Haha now when i go to google it redirects me to google.nl :D

:) nice share mate

Nice work , we could use these stuff some how :D

Thanks for the replies guys..
<3

Just to add to this, your DNS searches are not encrypted and sent out remotely unless you set the Boolean option "network.proxy.socks_remote_dns" in Firefox to true. Hope this helps!

Hello, so does it mean that when i buy centos VPS and getits root SSH access, i only add its IP to my Windows putty and 127.0.0.0.1:xxxx to firefox and from that time websites will be loadeded via VPS? i dont need to configure anything at that VPS? :?:

Are data encrypted so it canot be restored by internet service provider? Or do i need to setupa ny additional SSL? Thank you

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back