Status
Not open for further replies.
12 comments
It's worth noting that SSD based VPS hosting isn't always faster. For example, the host/physical server could have RAID 10 Disk Arrays with 4 * SSD drives and, if someone is using huge amounts of CPU, the host node performance will drop (in some cases, quite significantly). It just comes down to how the host manage the server, how many virtual instances they place on it and also the quality of the hardware, processor and so on.

If you compare one ssd with one mechanical drive the ssd drive wins on speed but looses on storage.
Speed comes with a price, meaning that you could probably add more customers on a node if you use a strong/fast RAID configuration with mechanical disks then if you use only SSD.

@EthernetServe: this is true only with RAID10 software. if the node is equiped with a good RAID card, CPU has nothing to do with RAID calculations. SSD VPS is much better. access time is very very short, speed is better, crashes are very rare and also power consumption is lower. SSD is the future. HDD's are no longer used, only in cases where the client needs large space.

Just imagine that a SSD as at least 10X faster than a normal HDD. Faster I/O (Input / Output) worth the money. Example 7200 rpm SATA drives have ~ 75 - 100 IOPS, a SSD can have between 50000 and 120000 IOPS. Check IOPS - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia for detailed information. You can also find a provider who can give you a trial VDS with SSD, I am sure there are many providing free test period.

SSD VPS is "one of the recent tehnologies" your dates are transfered more fast, speed is very very good , no crashes , ssd vps has a low consumaption power , and system work much good (sorry if i write with wrongs)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back