Skip to content
WJunction - Webmaster Forum

Simple question about robots.txt

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi,

Maybe someone can help me with a little question that I have about robots.txt

So doing a site:domain.com on google.com I found many search results that I don't want to appear.
All links are:
http://www.domain.com/foldername/filename.php

I added this to my robots.txt, please let me know if is correct:
Code:
User-agent: *
Sitemap: http://www.domain.com/sitemap.xml
Disallow: /link/
Disallow: /link/*.php$

Is better to use both of them?
Or one of this lines is enough?
If yes, whats line is better?

After doing this, is better to use webmaster tools to say google to remove that links from search results?
I think that they have this option right? If is a good idea, can you please teach me by saying the steps that I need?

Thank you guys!

Best regards!
 

6 comments

Thanks but no thanks! I don't want to buy nothing...
Is a simple question, I am sure that I will find here that can help me...
 
If you want Google do not index your specific page then you should wrote in robot.txt file.

User-agent: *
Disallow: /foldername/filename.php you can write this for prevent google from indexing your special page
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

About the author

D
Active Member · Joined
806
Messages
18
Reactions
18
Points

Advertise on WJunction

Reach 1000's of webmasters, hosts & affiliates. Banner & sponsored-thread slots available.

Contact us
Back
Top Bottom