Serious Issue for All New Website Owner

Status
Not open for further replies.

warezboy

OK FIrstly why I m creating this Topic!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

because I thought lot of new website owner (spcally forum) rite now at the moment... think which forum script/software will be idle for him/her.........

Basically in my small general knowledge I think vbulletien is the no. 1 forum scirpt & soft & IPB may be at no. 2
& Phpbb may be no. 3
& smf may be no. 4 & followed by others... may be I m wrong??????
But I request all the old & expert webmaster & Popular forum website owner.. please contribute ur experience in this topic.... Share ur experience,,, when u started ur forum & how???????????????????? it will be really helpfull for lot of new website owner.....

Please we need ur help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! think us as a small brother of urs...

My personal problem & question:::
Actually I dont have enough fund to purchase a vbulltien scirpt so thAT IS why I m deciding to use a vbulltein null script at my warez site. & I guess lot of website owner rite now at the moment using nulled sciprt of vbulltien.. But as a new bie,, what will be perfect script for me? & which version should I use of vbulltien null script??
3.8 or 4.03
pls repy

35 comments
I think this is in the wrong section.

Imo, you can test vB nulled, but if you really like vB, buy it then. :P

However, I used to have a legit vB license, till I sold it along when I sold my site.

I'm now supporting solely on myBB. And have been contributing to their community. So basically I think going for open-source is the best. Otherwise if you'd have money get a legit license. Its safe to use NULLED vB but for me, using a NULLED version, I just feel its not right. :P

You can use nulled vB, its not so risky as long as you are using offshore host, but I would suggest, make sure you get a license when you make some money.

I can't say anything about IPB, never used it, but heard its very good.

As long as open source scripts are concerned, phpBB is not doubt the best, has got a huge number of cool mods, only problem is mod installation is a bit time consuming and irritating in phpbb.

You can use MyBB, its very much like vB, you can say its the free version of vB(its not as such actually), though still there are lots of differences. MyBB is the easiest to handle, mod installation is very easy, will take you hardly 2min for most mods, if you go slow!

SMF is good, easy to handle, but it has got lots of bugs. I have often seen mods not working properly, so stopped using it.

So in short I would say, if you wanna use nulled vB, go for it, or else go for phpbb(if you can handle its customization) or go for MyBB(if you want things to be easy).

Good Luck bro!!

Well the top 2 forum scripts are vBulletin and IPB, and neither one is actually better. It all depends on your preference and which one you grew up with. If you started your internet life on a vbulletin site, then you are going to be biased towards it. Both are great softwares and do the exactly same thing.

phpBB is the old heavyweight, it's much more complex then the other two, but also extremely reliable and customizable. It's kept somewhat hacker safe, but it's free so no guarantees. MyBB seems to have hit the world, it's not that new but a lot of sites are starting to use it. I personally don't like the look and feel of it, but it is open source, so I have to agree techdx69, it's good to support it.

As for nulled boards, everyone uses them, or starts off with them. But don't expect to have a big site with a nulled board.. If you want a real respectable site, you have to invest in it and buy the license. If you're starting, go crazy with nulled boards and get some cheap offshore hosting from here (like mine) and you're site wont be shut down and you will feel safer.

Last note, don't use smf. It looks nice, and I used it as a kid. But it has a lot of exploits and not big site worthy. For a small community, it can work just fine. But it wouldn't be #4.

If you're starting out, go with vbulletin 4, I know it may seem like it has less mods and themes now, but give it some time and it'll beat 3.8. I have a 3.8 forum, and it's just to risky and long to upgrade to vbulletin 4, even though I would love to.

thanx to RCCoolDude & info move
but my question is to u info move???? sir if I use vbultien 3.8 nulled & take offshore hosting.. i m safe or not?????if I m safe than after gaining some fund can I purchase the orginal vbulltien scirpt from them??I mean they will allow me to upload my nulled vb sciprt to their latest vb sciprt??????????pls reply

Nope dude>>>>>>Actually I mean my sql database??????If i take backup of it.. can i upload this database to vb 4.03 version........

The largest issue about using nulled scripts

IE: vB,IPB

They come with certain files that pose a security risk validator.php etc..

Personally i always say buy it if you like it, But If you cant afford it id consider using dgt release of vB

i heared abt DGT relse too.... but which version should I use?? 3.8 or the latest one...i prefer 3.8 bcoz thn I can get lot of templete or style free from web????????

Use nulled for the time being. Later update it to 4.0.3 or whatever you like. Get a license of 4.0.3 or whatever version you are using. Make a backup, install licensed vB with that backup. You are done.
I don't think vB team will ever get to know that use are using your old(nulled vB) backup in the licensed vB.

On Code-Projects.com I used IPB 3 non-nulled and without a license for over 6 months. Never had any issues. IPS doesn't actively hunt down illegal use of their software like Jellysoft does. Running (and this is my personal opinion) a vB warez forum isn't a good idea, running a nulled one is even worse.

There was a time when vBulletin was the best alternative out there. (It prolly still is).

But I think, right now, most open source alternatives are almost as good.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back