Seeing the positive sides of RS' new plan.

Status
Not open for further replies.

drlove

Premium Member
I know, I know ... a lot of people stood up to RS for changing their plans.

And it's true, for those currently without points, we have to start paying for it again. And no new rewards. But ...

- A premium account will not just expire after 30 days. Your account lasts for your number of rapids / number of rapids per package. So if you're not a big downloader you can stretch the validity of your premium a long time.
- You can still upload more than 1 TB (even on the small package). Only your files outside your package are 'liable' to the '60 days no download ' rule.

Just keep on submitting to Katz with RS. You won't rewarded for those downloads but you will for your mirror links like HF, FS or SM.

All in all, I like it.

38 comments
Because a lot of downloaders, are uploaders just as we are (with free accounts). But now people have to pay for premiums, the number of RS premiums will dwindle.

As for myself, I use for most downloads HF premium. But if really can't find HF links I will use RS.

And you can steer those having no premiums at all, by putting your rapidshare links on the bottom.

So if you're not a big downloader you can stretch the validity of your premium a long time.

Yes BUT you are loosing every single day minimum of 4 rapids = 1gb a day, you cant put a pause on your account so its 0 rapids a day etc if your not downloading anything that day, or transfer the gig to the next day etc...I think rapid i sgoing to sqare one where it was at the begining, at the state it was meant to be used for, for busines people exchanging work, storing data etc...

Could you pause the previous Premium account plan? No of course not. And transfering to the next day was limited to 5 days (25Gb).

But even if don't download as you said, your premium would still expire after 30 days.

For Euro 9.95 (US$12) you get 250 days = US$ 0.048 per day. Previously it was US$10 for 30 days = US$ 0.33 per day (but for 5Gigs of download) without the flexibility.

Using 20 rapids per day (5 Gig) you now get 50 days for US$12 = US$0.24.

So it got cheaper and you get the flexibility.

Yes, didn't think about that too! And it brings the spirit of sharing along ...

And you're no longer attempted to go for the long term accounts to save money. There is no discount if you buy more (except for the 400 rapids package).

the point why i most hate whats going on with rapidshare (and you can feel it already a lot!) is that there isnt ONE host that we all agree on to be the PRIMARY ONE! everyone is digging out some loosers of host so they would just be earning more per download! i want to have ONE! premium account and that i can rely that the chances of what i want to download is 90-100% that its hosted on that host! i dont want to buy 10 bloody different hosts premiums! thats why im gonna miss rapidshare...

Well if it keeps giving me this i'm going to like it even more lol.

Note: freeuser

73516700.jpg

How are you able to use IDM as a free user ...

I tried it, but without premium details it downloads the html page .. and if you're successful you only get 1 connection without resume ... so what's the use for free users to DL with IDM? :(

There is no use.

---

I haven't really dug into it but aren't you limited to a storage amount now? How can you upload 1TB to your account without paying a big fee? o.O

i am still expecting update
hopefully with in one or two days
but i have no expectation that, from now getting points or any kind of rewards will be as easy as it was

There is no use.

---

I haven't really dug into it but aren't you limited to a storage amount now? How can you upload 1TB to your account without paying a big fee? o.O

[SLIDE]http://i887.photobucket.com/albums/ac75/drlove_bkk/rs.jpg[/SLIDE]

This is my situation.

*Storage is the secured storage space on our servers. Every Premium user (even without a Hosting-Package) can store files on RapidShare.com. Files which are stored without a Hosting-Package are subject to the file inactivity regulation. The file inactivity regulation states that if a file has not been up- or downloaded within the past 60 days, our system clears it from our servers. Files in your Hosting-Package Storage are excluded from this rule.

It is my opinion that the files within blue area can be used with the features of the package like file manager and are not affected by the file inactivity rule. The ones in the red area are affected and you cannot manage yourself.

Every Premium user (even without a Hosting-Package) can store files on RapidShare.com.
I have to admit I am kinda lost here ... how can you be a premium member without a hosting package. It is my understanding that you always will have the small package.

I have heard that they will run some sort of check each 24 hrs to see what amount of storage you are using and then change the plan you are on to the one which reflect the used storage.

How true this is I am not sure, we will have to wait and see.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back