Review SWO

Status
Not open for further replies.

AoN

Hello folks,

Review my site, smartwarez.org and let me know for do some more major changes to get high rating, and let me know other's things to keep better..

Regards

16 comments
Fix the skin, Either fix the tubenow banner or remove it completly from there cuz its Off, Everything else is great as expected from Drubei's GFX.

every warez site has this kind of guest image that why i changed mine
register.png

That's the first image used by US, and that's we designed it, every other warez have copied from our site, for Your kind Information

fix the div height of the tubenow banner.
remove the banner ad from the bottom.

+ if you can find the $, get some new gfx.

- Remove the tubenow banner or adjust appropriately.
- Remove those annoying adverts, you know the ones I'm on about (In line ads, green ones)
- Infact remove all ads, your skin does not suit them, or at least lay them out more intuitively, they look out of place, dis-proportionate and tacky!
- Open the forums so all can view, for SEO reasons

Its silly removing the "be smart" banner, as I believe SWO was the first site to have such a banner designed like that, however I could be wrong, and it would be a shame to have to remove your work because copy cats have saturated the look.

Hope that helps.

I'd say get a new skin as this one is aweful and whats with the alien head?

Also remove the tubenow thing as it looks aweful http://screensnapr.com/u/lwpfbs.png

If you're going to keep it then make another image for it as it will look crap even if you get it lined up right as it's not going to match your skin

Just to let u know all, we are back, some hacker might want to hack our site, but we banned there asses, it's back...

• Remove the inline ads (green ones) and the TubeNow banner (as it really looks stupid and ugly)
  • Change the color of "Respected ddl sites" (and make it 'Respected DDL sites' :P) and Friends & Affiliation in the footer.
  • Add another <br /> after the ad in the footer (before 'Respected ddl sites') and remove one before the ad (where it says Powered by vBulletin etc)
  • Remove vB's version

That's about it.

As eveyone said the tubenow advert. Don't know why you put it their in the first place anyway. Get rid of the green inline adverts as well. Their really annoying. I woudn't return to a site with them. Their's plenty without them.
Has nobody noticed the Staff Area Button in the header? That need's to be removed. It's also giving sql errors (may have something to do with you being hacked, not sure).
Maybe you could get a vBseo mod?
How can a site with over 9k members have so many area's with zero posts. Get rid of any area's with zero posts or at least make a few posts in them. It looks terrible and dead. Like it's a stolen DB and you've added a few sections. I also think their's too many sections. Maybe make contests and giveaway's a subsection in news or join them as both area's will generally be very quiet anyway.
I shouldn't be able to see the staff or Thread moderation area either. While we're getting rid of stuff get rid of The Scene. It's just a bad copy and paste post area that's dead and not needed.
As a guest stuff isn't lining up vertically. In the Support area the private css code and background is very narrow while the other's are wider but no two are the same. They should all be the same.
Right that's enough for now. In gereral though I like it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back