Rapidshare making a comeback!

Status
Not open for further replies.
dont you even want to read the main post?

why would you rate RS as "sucky" just because of a non-present issue?

i always thought rapidshare was sucky. not the company itself but because of the uploaders who never upload in single links to rapidshare. every rapidshare download i see has like at least 4 parts for a 350mb episode or 7 parts for a 700mb movie.

then uploaders always put stupid passwords on these split files which i often forget so i end up downloading the file but unable to unrar it. lol

that is the main reason why i switched to MU 3 years ago and have been using MU ever since. even when rs was going strong. I just preferred MU because you can actually download single mkv, avi files. not many files are split and no stupid passwords. that is the only reason why i thought RS sucked.

If uploaders decide to now upload single non rar links to RS. i would probably start being a fan of them.

We have been uploading single links to RS on OneDDL for years now...

There are also plenty of other sites that do single RS links, so that is a poor excuse.

well back in the day i wasn't on many sites. i only used 2 sites which was wbb and tehparadox.

both those sites today still contain alot of RS split links.

We have been uploading single links to RS on OneDDL for years now...

There are also plenty of other sites that do single RS links, so that is a poor excuse.

Well, rapidshare has slow speeds for free users if you want to compare them to other filehosts.

For example I clicked on a 1.5gb link that was on your site earlier, with rapidshare the file would take 349 mins to download as a free user, that's almost 6 hours. For 1 file in a series of 3.

That same file on fileserve at that size would take 40 mins to download as a free user, and have a wait time of 10 mins between downloads. So all together you would be able to download those three files in 2 hours and 20 mins approx Which is over an hour less than it would take to download 1/3 of those files.

So why are people acting like Rapidshare is the best filehost for free users?

I definitely think they're the most popular filehost on sites because more users have a premium account with them than any other filehost.

Capped at 500kbps on rapidshare

seemed to be capped at 600kbps on fileserve.

Not that big of a difference but I'm usually around 1mbps when using premium on fileserve

Some changes to the Rapids system now which makes it a lot easier for users (see below);

[slide]http://lulzimg.com/i22/4e4218.png[/slide]

JGM.

Last edited:
Well, this makes their basic 1 month package more expensive now (@ 9.9 euro). But that's something everyone should have expected, seeing as how there's no more bandwidth limits.

And now it appears things can only get better. Looks like they just started a commission program where they reward you in rapids. Go ton your account and then select 'Invite Friends' to see more.

Oh and please stay away cashwhores, there is no money here for you!

That referral program starts crediting you only after you have 3 active referrals. And you can have a maximum of 30 active referrals. I guess they're scared of having to give away too many rapids to power referrers :P

The price increase for a month is a bummer but since it is now unlimited downloading it is to be expected really, overall though they are getting better again slowly.

JGM.

I doubt they will beat FS & company with only these measures. A large number of uploaders are in it for the money, so: no money, less competitive power.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back