Skip to content
WJunction - Webmaster Forum

Python error help.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey,

So a short while ago I had tried installing EVE CORP MANAGEMENT.

One of the dependencies is Python 2.5 up to 3.

First thing is to install ECM's dependencies.
Python

First you must install Python 2.5 or later.
We don't use Python 3.0 because Django doesn't support it.
Do not forget to add the python to the path, if not already.
Currently I'm running 2.6.6, when I go to download the package I receive this error;

Code:
[root@server1 ~]# easy_install -O2 ecm
Searching for ecm
Reading http://cheeseshop.python.org/pypi/ecm/
Reading http://eve-corp-management.org/
Reading http://releases.eve-corp-management.org/src/
Reading http://cheeseshop.python.org/pypi/ecm/2.1.0
Best match: ecm 2.1.0
Downloading http://releases.eve-corp-management.org/src/ecm-2.1.0.tar.gz
Processing ecm-2.1.0.tar.gz
Running ecm-2.1.0/setup.py -q bdist_egg --dist-dir /tmp/easy_install-dcWWyy/ecm-2.1.0/egg-dist-tmp-d8UV2_
ERROR: ecm requires Python versions >= 2.5 and < 3.0
error: Setup script exited with 1

Upgraded to 2.7.3, same issue occurs.

Centos version: 5.7 (Final)

I have also tried editing ".bash_profile" via the nano command to point to the python directory to no evail.

If anyone would be able to help or offer some advice, I would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks
 
Last edited:

2 comments

Status
Not open for further replies.

About the author

D
Active Member · Joined
125
Messages
5
Reactions
18
Points

Advertise on WJunction

Reach 1000's of webmasters, hosts & affiliates. Banner & sponsored-thread slots available.

Contact us
Back
Top Bottom