Skip to content
WJunction - Webmaster Forum

Prices [Question]

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am new to building a website for someone else & I never done it before. I can build the site but I don't know how much to charge.

I was wondering if anyone knew what the average rate is that people would charge for building a site.

Some people do it by time & some people have set prices what would you do?
 

6 comments

Couldn't be a more difficult question.

It depends on locality, type of site (database), your level of expertise and many many more.

If you're not a professional website designer, consider and value the time you need yourself and then add 20%.
 
Okay then lets roleplay a scenario.

Build 9 index pages
build a directory search bar
make a home tour video
setup a media server
configure cameras to stream on site.

How much would you charge?
 
It's depend more of you and on the project..Some people charge high and some gives reasonable rate.
If its simple web site design and could be done like in 4-8 hrs..I charge anywhere around $20-50 in your place.
If its e-commerce database site which require coding I charge from $100+..depends on project load.
I will say here that... make sure you don't put too much load on his pocket...give him some reasonable rate.so, he gets back to you with new project in future & recommend you to others.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

About the author

D
Active Member · Joined
http://youtubecommunity.x10.bz The only place to be
206
Messages
12
Reactions
18
Points

Advertise on WJunction

Reach 1000's of webmasters, hosts & affiliates. Banner & sponsored-thread slots available.

Contact us
Back
Top Bottom