Paypal Update - More restrictions on Indian customers

Status
Not open for further replies.
A friend of mine said he needs to take all the money out of his account before a certain date which I can't remember.
Sounds to me PayPal is going to give up on Indian users

Im also able 2 send monay :)
I made many purchases and sent money in past 2 days.
So, is it safe? There won't be any problems after some days? My payment is send and completed and also, my order has been dispatched too...

Im also able 2 send monay :)
I made many purchases and sent money in past 2 days.
So, is it safe? There won't be any problems after some days? My payment is send and completed and also, my order has been dispatched too...
The money you used to purchase stuff, where did you get it from? If its from your CC then nothing to worry about. If you got that money from selling goods or services then there could be a problem mate. However there is a factor called luck which often comes into picture. So it all depends. :P

UK Policy Update E-mail received today:

Amendment to the PayPal User Agreement
1.Fees

Section 8 is being amended to clarify that you cannot send personal transaction payments to Indian registered Accounts.
The second paragraph of section 8 has been amended to now read as follows:

Please also note that:

a. you cannot send money for a PayPal personal transaction from some countries, including Germany or China; and
b. you cannot send personal transaction payments to Indian registered Accounts.

2.Restricted Activities

A new Section 9.1.ff is being added to make it a restricted activity to request or send personal transaction payments for commercial transactions. Section 9.1ff will read as follows (presented in context with its root clauses):

9.1 Restricted Activities. In connection with your use of our website, your Account, or the Services, or in the course of your interactions with PayPal, a User or a third party, you will not:

ff. Request or send a personal transaction payment for a commercial transaction.

Clamping down on Indian, and other countries accounts here now >_<

Paypal is extremely strict and mean. If they were a dictator we would all hate our lives, and they basically are over the online money market.

If you go and read their terms for suspended accounts, it's scary. They threaten to report you and take away everything.

With all that said, it's the only one I trust :) but moneybookers is pretty good too.

UK Policy Update E-mail received today:

Amendment to the PayPal User Agreement
1.Fees

Section 8 is being amended to clarify that you cannot send personal transaction payments to Indian registered Accounts.
The second paragraph of section 8 has been amended to now read as follows:

Please also note that:

a. you cannot send money for a PayPal personal transaction from some countries, including Germany or China; and
b. you cannot send personal transaction payments to Indian registered Accounts.

2.Restricted Activities

A new Section 9.1.ff is being added to make it a restricted activity to request or send personal transaction payments for commercial transactions. Section 9.1ff will read as follows (presented in context with its root clauses):

9.1 Restricted Activities. In connection with your use of our website, your Account, or the Services, or in the course of your interactions with PayPal, a User or a third party, you will not:

ff. Request or send a personal transaction payment for a commercial transaction.

Clamping down on Indian, and other countries accounts here now >_<
Thanks for sharing the updates mate. Appreciate it. :)

Well a couple of days ago I got the following mail from Paypal which many of you'll might have already seen. Here it is :

There was a confusion all over as to whether this mail was fake or real. So I decided to write to Paypal regarding this matter. Today I received a reply from their team which was as follows:

As you have seen above the mail is legit. That means Indians are screwed up even more from now on. Too many restrictions to comply with. Just thought it would be good to post in here so that everyone is aware and updated with the latest.

Eh? Read the OP devesh. PP are having a real clampdown in their bid for further world domination! My other post's just a relevant snip from ?? paragraphs of the UK Update Policy.

Are PayPal getting racist?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back