Skip to content
WJunction - Webmaster Forum

Optimizing vbulletin

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok so I just read an article on how to optimize vbulletin and it said to empty the postindex as it makes the db quite large. I was wondering how to go about switching to full text searching in vbulletin and what are the upside and downside of doing this? If anyone has ever done this before please inform me.
 

2 comments

All you really need to do is just cache styles and other stuff. Plugins will help. Also, the compress files helps save bandwidth. :)

vB Optimize:
vBulletin 3.8.x: http://www.vbteam.info/vb-3-8-x-addons-and-template-modifications/15204-vb-optimise-1-3-2-a.html

vBulletin 4.0.x: http://www.vbteam.info/vb-4-0-addon...ions/39059-dbtech-vb-optimise-2-0-1-lite.html

And well, I can't find the other plugin that needs to be there but I might have it on my computer somewhere. When I gather everything I'll upload it and post it here or in your PM box.


------__Also: Wrong section...should be in the vBulletin support forum.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

About the author

B
Active Member · Joined
471
Messages
23
Reactions
18
Points

Advertise on WJunction

Reach 1000's of webmasters, hosts & affiliates. Banner & sponsored-thread slots available.

Contact us
Back
Top Bottom