New Webmaster

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chugi

Hey everybody,

Until lately, I have been an uploader for Filesonic.com.
I was earning pretty good, but then I did some research and saw that all the affiliates who own websites are at the top percentage of earners in Filesonic. So I looked up Google's Keyword tool, and found that the words "hd download" get approx. 1,200,000 hits per month (on average). So I bought the domain www.hd-download.org.

I calculated that in case I get to Google's 1st page for the search term "hd download", I should get a piece of the 40,000 people looking it up on average per day.

Problem is, I have no clue at SEO, and also had a rough time reading Mr Happy's SEO tutorial. There are many things that I do not understand.

I do not want to pay to an SEO service since I looked it up, and it costs quite a bit.
Can anyone guide me in a right direction since I am new to being running a website?
I am running it with Joomla, managed to install it successfully and maintaining it is quite easy for me, fortunately :)

Please, anyone?

6 comments
get a new theme,seriously, you need to get to 'basic' design first,then make it public,

also you say you are new to this,then do try wordpress,its more easy,in the sense that more tutorials are available and in the sense its shit easy! believe me, even i`m new to this and my first site is my sig.

Last edited:
Why'd u use Joomla? Don't you like wordpress? WP is alot more better when it comes to SEO :blink:. If you'd like to stick with Joomla try the opensef tool (y)

It's not necessary that only domain name will help u.There will be many other people knowing same thing and competing with that keyword..

And as far as Mr.Happy tutorial,he is really a helpful guy and his tutorials are really very helpful and they provide a gud guide to seo your warez-site and also regarding setting of robots.txt..
This is all what u can get in free..If u r not understanding then see seo of some top website and learn from them..No one is going to say u step by step .U can only know different way and tips but how to implement them on your site is your own responsibility..

it would be possible if you do offpage seo like building backlinks and so on. If you need help on that, you could contact me for a service on it

Hi

Hello mate,

I will suggest you wordpress themes. As WP themes are very seo friendly. Take out 5 keywords for the website, where 2 of them have to be long trail keyword.

Do on-site SEO - base of any new website

Do off-site SEO - compulsory to get rank well.

You can see result in maximum 4-6 months... If you continued posting fresh content to your website and with proper Off-Site SEO.

Good luck man!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back