Status
Not open for further replies.
A thread doesn't need to be created just put restrictions on members
who want to post in the hosting section i.e. 400 Posts and been
a member for at least 6 months or even a year that would give the
person some credibility when posting in the hosting section and it
will also be good for other members as they could see that he has been
here for a while and they could also have a look around at his previous
posts/threads and see what kind of person he is.

Just an idea which i think would benefit a lot of people.

Some webhosting companies are really good with no downtime !
staff should keep an eye on members replies for each hosts !

and only staff should decide which host is trusted !
their thread should be stickied in respective section so all can use their services if they lack in service after some time their thread should be unstickied !
In this way Quality remains maintained ,

And if someone is providing excellent service then there is no loss in providing free advertising for such webhost , Wjunction is a Big Community & it should take such measure for members benefit !

This ll certainly reduce the scam percentage & increase member satisfaction :)

please Dont make post count compulsion for Hosting providers as Hosting has nothing to do with post count, even some webhost are really good with very few post count,
new webhost generally provide good services in their starting months !
So Dont pay for Long term , pay monthly or quarterly

i personally got scammed twice for paying 1 yr hosting , & so i have kept in mind that i ll pay on monthly basis :D
1 of them was on WJ itself, his id got banned but My $ Fucked up :D:D:D

Last edited:
Having read a lot of the threads about fly by night hosting I agree with the suggestions put forward.

Get rid of the idiots that want a quick buck and cant be bothered about the customers.

+1 For Ihate. I agree, we need to clear up the forums to protect the new members who get scammed by hosts who can't stand for a night.

I am all positive about this great suggestion and would love to see it implemented in Wjunction.

Research is a must otherwise you're asking to get screwed.

On the other hand I wouldn't mind a recommended thread though with feedback from trusted members for those who purchase a lot of hosting accounts. You can never have too many solid options :)

Bcoz you have a problem with your host, the rules can't be changed. There are many people over here who have been scammed by reliable and new hosting sellers as well. That doesn't mean WJ will imply rules for each and everyone. This is a discussion board. You can try informing about the scams and other problems but not enforce a rule for your problem.

Bcoz you have a problem with your host, the rules can't be changed. There are many people over here who have been scammed by reliable and new hosting sellers as well. That doesn't mean WJ will imply rules for each and everyone. This is a discussion board. You can try informing about the scams and other problems but not enforce a rule for your problem.

lol i have not been scammed,
i see everyday new threads:
*host has scammed me*

I think Wj should have some kind of responsibility
to it users in protecting them from these idiots.

lol i have not been scammed,
i see everyday new threads:
*host has scammed me*

I think Wj should have some kind of responsibility
to it users in protecting them from these idiots.
Agreed, I see new hosts , with all wrong spellings and relatively new business.
They should not be encouraged to do this, but be encougraged to learn how to speak/type proper english, if they really want customers to understand what they are talking about.

Also they should spend a quite a time in Wjunction, after 100+ or X posts they will think twice before getting bad reputation and being banned.

New accounts created, they scam and they happly consider ban.
This should be controlled. Only hosts who have completed a set of rules and restrictions should be allowed to post. This will ensure a clutter free hosting experience and everyone will be happy . i.e customers and hosting providers.

Really want to see this implemented :) Please notice Mods! This is a cry from all the tricked, scammed and newbies here! No pun meant by newbies, new people in this industry do need to be guided.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back