Most secure forum

What do you think is the most secure forum

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Phpbb all the way. Although they might lack in some much needed modifications. Their mods and styles always get updated. As well as thier software.

My first pick would be phpBB, I've been using them since v1 when they had the infamous reputation of being the most unsecured till the latest version today, phpBB came a long way in terms of features and security, can't go wrong there.

My second pick would be punBB, it's very lite and secure but lacks the "easy access" phpBB provides, for both users and coders.

phpBB. If you already put your code "out there". Obviously you would think its easier to hack.. but it works exactly the opposite.

phpBB is not only the most secure forum, but it is also most likely the fastest forum software.

the think is i know phpBB really well i know how to create mods and how to edit the core etc etc and from what i kow about the coding structure its goodd but its not efficient in my eyes!

i mean litewarez has more files that phpBB and i would say its a bigger system (not feature wise) but phpBB is slightly shabby with the coding!!

if i go for a forum it probs be phpBB due to the security and i cant be arsed coding another forum from scratch but then again punBB is playing in the back of my mind!

i like simplicity alot as you can see! i just think phpBB is too big for what i need!

grrrr need to make a desicion asap

LOL just downloaded punBB source and it has no templating system. I mean how bad is embedding HTML code in PHP.
@OP - Custom coded forum would be the most secure IMO but from the choices phpBB.

I've always gone for phpbb. The base is a lot more secure than everything else and imo its a lot easier to customize if your a coder.

the support is fantastic, the mods db is huge, and its free! I know the coding is a bit shabby but it is made with future mods in mind. If it was a solid outgoing application, you could probably remove half the shit in there, but like i say, the majority of the bulk is to ensure future mods can be added easily.

Another thing i forgot to tell about phpbb, they have a two level debug option that can help you when you face an error with the script.

Enable Debug

open config.php

Find
Code:
// @define('DEBUG', true);
// @define('DEBUG_EXTRA', true);
Replace by[First level of debug]
Code:
@define('DEBUG', true);
// @define('DEBUG_EXTRA', true);
OR Replace by [Second level of debug]
Code: