I found out that "virt-top" is the right way. :D
you should install win virtio drivers, it will improve I/O and network performance by an 500%.Is there a way to improve the horrible I/O read on windows and such?
Like it lags like a mofo.
<disk type='file' device='cdrom'>
<source file='/home/kvm/iso/virtio-win-0.1-59.iso'/>
<target dev='hdc'/>
<readonly/>
</disk>
it's so hard to copy & paste the KVM guest config on Solus Master then add the new cdrom device?oh okay. Thank you.
And for the auto doing it on first time creation I can't seem to find any guide for it on
http://docs.solusvm.com/v2/Default.htm#Developer/Admin-Api/Admin-Api.htm
<domain type='kvm'>
<name>kvm432</name>
<uuid>8a425580-e741-4614-b84d-d4e2cd444064</uuid>
<memory>6668288</memory>
<currentMemory>6668288</currentMemory>
<memtune>
<hard_limit>6719488</hard_limit>
</memtune>
<vcpu>1</vcpu>
<cpu>
<topology sockets='1' cores='1' threads='1'/>
</cpu>
<os>
<type machine='pc'>hvm</type>
<boot dev='cdrom'/>
<boot dev='hd'/>
</os>
<clock sync='localtime'/>
<devices>
<emulator>/usr/libexec/qemu-kvm</emulator>
<disk type='file' device='disk'>
<source file='/dev/vg/kvm432_img'/>
<target dev='hda' bus='ide'/>
<driver cache='writethrough'/>
</disk>
<disk type='file' device='cdrom'>
<source file='/home/solusvm/kvm/driver/Windows-Virtio-Drivers-v0.1.30.iso'/>
<target dev='hdc'/>
<readonly/>
</disk>
<interface type='bridge'>
<model type='e1000' />
<source bridge='br0'/>
<target dev='kvm432.0'/>
<mac address='02:00:00:2c:ae:8b'/>
</interface>
<graphics type='vnc' port='6033' passwd='password' listen='0.0.0.0'/>
<input type='tablet'/>
<input type='mouse'/>
</devices>
<features>
<acpi/>
<apic/>
</features>
</domain>
Reach 1000's of webmasters, hosts & affiliates. Banner & sponsored-thread slots available.
Contact us