Jellyfin Paid Subscriptions Script

Hey everyone, I've been working on a script which acts as an addon to the Jellyfin Media Server. This script has the following features:

Admin:
  • Admin can see registers users and associated accounts.
  • Created products for viewers to buy such as 1 month access and set the price in the admin panel.
  • Set a limit on how many additional users an account can have, by default one paid user can have 5 paid accounts (think like netflix)
  • Delete users and associated accounts in one go.
  • Delete specific accounts from users.
  • Customise social links, T&C and Privacy Policy.
Viewers / Registered Users:
  • Accounts are automatically upgraded once payment has been received.
  • Accounts are automatically disabled once access period has expired.
  • User panel allows for monitoring of payments
  • User panel allows for adding additional accounts to the limit set by admin.
  • User panel shows remaining duration on access.
Automation:
  • Accounts are automatically disabled / enabled based on subscription.
  • Accounts created under users are automatically added on the jellyfin server.
  • Accounts deleted either via user or admin panel will also be removed from the jellyfin server automatically.
  • PayPal IPN confirms payment automatically.
Extras:
  • Fully mobile friendly front end.
  • Notifies you when your Jellyfin instance goes down.
  • Can be install away from Jellyfin installation or with the correct set up alongside the Jellyfin server.
Requirements:
  • PayPal business account to accept payments.
  • Web Hosting or higher (VPS etc) with PHP 7.4 minimum and MySQL or MariaDB
  • Knowledge on how to install a PHP script.
  • A Jellyfin installation with API created.
I can also offer services for reverse proxies, installing Jellyfin and setting up with cloudflare for light use.

Script is due to release September 1st in Beta and the continued updates for those interested, Beta will be released for $25 for script + 1 year updates, price of full release will be roughly $100.

6 comments
will bitcoin payments be supported? since paypal is a bit risky

I have only recently learnt PayPal IPN because it makes things so easy, if you know a crypto exchange that has the IPN feature I'll give it a shot at implementing it. Otherwise it's a little more than my current expertise so maybe after a few sales, I'll pay someone for that feature.

I have only recently learnt PayPal IPN because it makes things so easy, if you know a crypto exchange that has the IPN feature I'll give it a shot at implementing it. Otherwise it's a little more than my current expertise so maybe after a few sales, I'll pay someone for that feature.
i belive coinbase have it not 100% sure but the api is similar

yeah if want to start a subscription service btc would be a priority for anominty and security

Making decent progress with nowpayments.io to generate an invoice based on usd amounts to pay in any crypto currency.
Post automatically merged:

Crypto payments are now included via NowPayments.io, this will allow users to select any crypto payment for x amount and send it straight to your wallet, this also will automatically extend or renew peoples subscription.

Minimum of $2 for some cryptos and up to a minimum of $10 for other cryptos.

Demo available via DMs

Last edited:
Back