Votes: 40 32.8%
  • vB FTW!

Votes: 82 67.2%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
114 comments
vBulletin for me.

Only reason for that is that it was the first forum system I used as I couldn't get the hang of phpbb when I first started off with forums.

But IPB looks cool to.

IPB has nothing special that sets it apart from the rest, excluding skins, but only the custom ones look good. vBulletin on the other hand has a unique set of skins and better modifications, more security and more users. :)

vBulletin, no doubt.

IPB is better more expensive so worth it.
vbulletin :nah.

*cought*.

vBulletin: $180.00 (owned), $60 renewal/year
IPB: $149.99 (lifetime), $25 renewal/6 months

on topic:
Take in account that IPB is more secure, faster, easier to administrate/install mods and has way more futures and I think there is no reason why one should go for vB other than ego, ignorance and fanboyism.

*cought*.
on topic:
Take in account that IPB is more secure, faster, easier to administrate/install mods and has way more futures and I think there is no reason why one should go for vB other than ego, ignorance and fanboyism.

agreed but i think vbulletins easier to mod just import done where ipb sometimes you have to edit the files by hand i hate that :s :(

See, that's why I mentioned ignorance. Agreed on IPB 2.x installing mods was often a hell, going trough tons of file edits. On IPB 3 there are no file edits whatsoever. Import and you're done. And from a developers point of view the hooks/apps system is a better design than vB's plugin system.

Btw, on vB you're still left with skin edits. IPB 3 has none of that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back