Before deleting/banning this account, please read this entirely.
I feel I was wrongfully banned from WJunction.
I signed up to WJunction a few weeks back with the user name vac840.
I made 2 posts before leaving for work that morning. One was in the "Introductions" section where I said hello to the forum and expressed my gratitude for coming across such an excellent community full of great tips and resources, and how I was looking forward to becoming an active contributor to the forum. The other post was in the "Webmaster Discussion" section, where someone had asked about a good tool for making video thumbs, and I suggested FreeStudio cause it has a video thumbnail creator plus tons of other valuable apps for use in light weight video/image editing.
When I cam home from work later that day, I went to log in to WJunction and was presented with the following message:
You have been banned for the following reason:
spambot
Date the ban will be lifted: Never
Now, I can only assume that I was banned for this post that I left in the "Webmaster Discussion" section, but what I don't understand is why. I was not spamming, and I broke no forum rules. I was simply suggesting a tool like the OP had asked for. Just like everyone else who posted in that thread had done before me. The link I posted was not an affiliate link, and I am not the creator of that software. I get no type of affiliate commission if someone downloads that software or anything like that. The software is not even a paid software... ITS FREE!!! So what I don't understand is how I was spamming?
Then I think I made things worse ...
The next day, or maybe a few days later, I don't really remember; I decided to try and create another account. I thought to myself, "Well, I didn’t see anything saying I was IP banned, so I guess it will be okay to just create a new account and start from scratch." So I did, and I made a few posts under this new account (Screen Name: Seany D), and once again, when I tried to log in later that day, I was presented with another message saying I was banned. I did not spam or even link to any site under this new screen name, so of course, I realized making another account name was most likely not the best idea.
Now I am here again, under a new screen name, but before you ban this name to, please Mods, hear me out.
I really like this forum, and I feel that I can not only learn a great deal by being a member here, but that I can also be a great contributor to the success of others on WJunction.
I've never spammed this forum (or any forum for that matter), and I never will. I come to these forums to learn, and become an active member.
Yes, I understand I may have broken a rule when I created a new account after 1st being banned, and yes I understand that I've probably now broken that same rule again by creating this new account, but I only created this new account to try and get some answers from the Mods. I did try emailing WJunction multiple times about this ban, but all my emails have gone unanswered.
I don't want to beg, but that’s exactly what I feel like I'm doing right now, and I apologize for that. I just ask that you please give me one chance. One chance to prove that I am not a spammer or trouble maker. Even if you lift the ban on my original account and just leave me on probation for an extended amount of time, I would be grateful.
My original username was: vac840
I patiently await your response.
Sincerely,
Sean
I feel I was wrongfully banned from WJunction.
I signed up to WJunction a few weeks back with the user name vac840.
I made 2 posts before leaving for work that morning. One was in the "Introductions" section where I said hello to the forum and expressed my gratitude for coming across such an excellent community full of great tips and resources, and how I was looking forward to becoming an active contributor to the forum. The other post was in the "Webmaster Discussion" section, where someone had asked about a good tool for making video thumbs, and I suggested FreeStudio cause it has a video thumbnail creator plus tons of other valuable apps for use in light weight video/image editing.
When I cam home from work later that day, I went to log in to WJunction and was presented with the following message:
You have been banned for the following reason:
spambot
Date the ban will be lifted: Never
Now, I can only assume that I was banned for this post that I left in the "Webmaster Discussion" section, but what I don't understand is why. I was not spamming, and I broke no forum rules. I was simply suggesting a tool like the OP had asked for. Just like everyone else who posted in that thread had done before me. The link I posted was not an affiliate link, and I am not the creator of that software. I get no type of affiliate commission if someone downloads that software or anything like that. The software is not even a paid software... ITS FREE!!! So what I don't understand is how I was spamming?
Then I think I made things worse ...
The next day, or maybe a few days later, I don't really remember; I decided to try and create another account. I thought to myself, "Well, I didn’t see anything saying I was IP banned, so I guess it will be okay to just create a new account and start from scratch." So I did, and I made a few posts under this new account (Screen Name: Seany D), and once again, when I tried to log in later that day, I was presented with another message saying I was banned. I did not spam or even link to any site under this new screen name, so of course, I realized making another account name was most likely not the best idea.
Now I am here again, under a new screen name, but before you ban this name to, please Mods, hear me out.
I really like this forum, and I feel that I can not only learn a great deal by being a member here, but that I can also be a great contributor to the success of others on WJunction.
I've never spammed this forum (or any forum for that matter), and I never will. I come to these forums to learn, and become an active member.
Yes, I understand I may have broken a rule when I created a new account after 1st being banned, and yes I understand that I've probably now broken that same rule again by creating this new account, but I only created this new account to try and get some answers from the Mods. I did try emailing WJunction multiple times about this ban, but all my emails have gone unanswered.
I don't want to beg, but that’s exactly what I feel like I'm doing right now, and I apologize for that. I just ask that you please give me one chance. One chance to prove that I am not a spammer or trouble maker. Even if you lift the ban on my original account and just leave me on probation for an extended amount of time, I would be grateful.
My original username was: vac840
I patiently await your response.
Sincerely,
Sean
Last edited: