Skip to content
WJunction - Webmaster Forum

How to transfer files with fast speed from one partition to another.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Transfer files from one partition to another with fast speed.
Faster then SSD.:wave:
[video=youtube_share;YGhmD1QB6bE]http://youtu.be/YGhmD1QB6bE[/video]

Use IDM manager to save your files on VD (virtual disk),then transfer to second partition (sata HDD).
To create a VD use this :https://www.softperfect.com/products/ramdisk/
I had use DDR2,DDR3 faster speed.
RAM is faster then SSD. :-=
 

6 comments

Not a great topic title, I use this App and download most things to a Ram drive.

Very easy to use & reliable.

ALu4rsF.png
 
Last edited:
And a windows load test:[video=youtube;MmnU5PCOrfI]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MmnU5PCOrfI&feature=youtu.be[/video]
 
Interesting to see this kinda stuff being done in Windoze these days.

With RAM being so cheap these days (my 2 systems on my desk have combined 96GB DDR3-2800) so this will work for most quick file transfers.

RAM is certainly faster than HDD & SSD, even if they are in a RAID0 configuration (I have 8x Intel 530 Series 240GB SSD in RAID0 for my linux PC).

In fact, I'm currently working to mount all my webservers' MySQL databases to RAM as the faster I/O should result in insanely fast query times. :)
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

About the author

T
Active Member · Joined
109
Messages
26
Reactions
28
Points

Advertise on WJunction

Reach 1000's of webmasters, hosts & affiliates. Banner & sponsored-thread slots available.

Contact us
Back
Top Bottom