Skip to content
WJunction - Webmaster Forum

Help with VPS

Status
Not open for further replies.
Trying to sign up for vps.




Zp7I3.png



What do I put here? I own many domains already, and I have some to spare, but I still am unsure what to put here.

Sorry for being so noobish, I am learning!
 

7 comments

Thanks, so later I can access the vps from just the IP? This is completely for private use so I would like to just use the IP and not waste one of my domains.
 
sure you can, no domains needed actually.
just install a webserver then you can browse your vps from the ip address

or if you want it a lil bit fancy you can use free subdomains from afraid.org
 
Hostname : vps.yourdomain.com
NS1 : ns1.yourdomain.com
NS2 : ns2.yourdomain.com
Root Password : somethingverystrongandverylong
 
it doesn't matter what you type in those field except for root password put very strong password and remember it.
you can change A record in your domain registar later, you don't have to run nameserver on the vps.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

About the author

S
Active Member · Joined
61
Messages
0
Reactions
6
Points

Advertise on WJunction

Reach 1000's of webmasters, hosts & affiliates. Banner & sponsored-thread slots available.

Contact us
Back
Top Bottom