Skip to content
WJunction - Webmaster Forum

Godaddy Wordpress Hosting Sucks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok, I have a wordpress adult blog with Godaddy as a hosting and I'm very upset with them. Daily goes down and sometimes works fine but I purchased one year with this shitty hosting. I'm looking for Hostgator but I don't know what hosting choose now.
I emailed saying them I want my money back, because one week with Godaddy and I only have problems with them.

Anyone knows what hosting it's better than Godaddy? It's Hostgator a good hosting?

:thumbdown:
 

11 comments

This is a pretty well-known stuff. Godaddy has never been good in Web Hosting, reviews i've heard about them are always bad.
After all, godaddy can only be used for domains.

HostGator on the other end, is pretty decent. Here's my personal top 5 :)
1. HostGator
2. BlueHost
3. DreamHost
4. Servage
5. FatCow

These are some of the reputed web-hosting companies atm.
 
I should have been informed before purchase 1 year with Godaddy :(

I will consider your opinion and I will buy a Hostgator hosting. I hope my money go come back to me. Thanks for your top5 ;)
 
guys he said adult blog !! do you link to adult videos on your blog ?? videos that are not made by yourself !

do you post something that getsw you DMCA complaints ? if so HG and most other usa providers will kick you out soon. go off-shore !
 
You should never go with the big companys. While the support may be great they have many clients per server which is usually overloaded and if one of the hosted websites gets huge traffic your site may goes down.
 
I should have been informed before purchase 1 year with Godaddy :(

I will consider your opinion and I will buy a Hostgator hosting. I hope my money go come back to me. Thanks for your top5 ;)

Don't worry, if you are in their Money back guarantee, you'll get it back (y)

You should never go with the big companys. While the support may be great they have many clients per server which is usually overloaded and if one of the hosted websites gets huge traffic your site may goes down.
This is true in some cases. But not on all hosts. They are now in the top, only because of their service quality.

guys he said adult blog !! do you link to adult videos on your blog ?? videos that are not made by yourself !

do you post something that getsw you DMCA complaints ? if so HG and most other usa providers will kick you out soon. go off-shore !

Yup, i know. I was just referring to the best webhosting companies in general. If he wants to go for a host that ignores DMCA, then there are quite a few trusted one's. And i'd not like to take the names of those companies over here.

you guys missed the Site5.com

Site5 is pretty new, but the list i mentioned, is "my personal" opinion on the top 5 webhosts. :)
 
Thanks for all your opinions. I don't know so much about hostings services (yet). I think Hostgator is the best option for my adult blog. I have no DMCA content, just amateur. Also, there is some videos of Realitykings only.

@FROOMPLE: This is the reply from go daddy for money back

Code:
Thank you for contacting Online Support. If you do not want to keep the hosting, we are happy to offer you a Store Credit for you.
To make your experience more hassle free, we have developed a new tool called Store Credit. As its name implies, if you have a store credit applied to your account, we store it in your account for use with future purchases.

To apply a Store Credit for the requested order, you need to first cancel that order products in seven days of purchase or renewal date. After canceling the order, please reply to this email, and we will process your store credit.
 
Better buy a cheap dedicated server for 20 Usd from OVH, hostgator will take fees for backups, SSL installations and almost everything. Also they claim to have cisco guard but their server goes done every time it gets DDoS-ed, you will have to wait a few minutes to mitigate the attack but it is very frustrating... Namecheap hosting is very good, you can try it.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

About the author

50gratis
Active Member · Joined
605
Messages
316
Reactions
63
Points

Advertise on WJunction

Reach 1000's of webmasters, hosts & affiliates. Banner & sponsored-thread slots available.

Contact us
Back
Top Bottom