Status
Not open for further replies.

Whoo

The Wise One
Hi all,

I guess it's time for me to post again in this section :D

I'm asking you all to review my re-made DDL site:

Link: Fullrapidshare[dot]cn

As you can see all the types already show up in a different colour, once you enter 2 or more in the search field it will suggest downloads. No advertisements or money making links what so ever. No frame either, a fully functional contact page.

Site is fully XHTML 1.0 Strict too :)
Reason I'm posting now is that I will see alot of people copying the search-suggest feature so now people should know I came up as one of the first to implement this lol

Let the reviews come :)

13 comments
If some of you might have issues reaching the website, this has been fixed now. Some minor error in the Virtualhost config.

Thanks pi0tr3k :)

Hi all, please try again now. I had to reload the configuration again. Everything is tested and 100% working now.

I would appreciate it for getting some quality review as I'm looking to make this a really user friendly website.

I had to refresh my browser few times before i saw website. Pink is nice color, but i think it,s too dark. Try adding some light frames :)

It's just my opinion dont get insulted :)

Hey,

You don't have a favicon :( A logo would be much better then text. I like the search feature where it suggests terms. No sidebar while viewing downloads? Everything looks good, keep it up!

Needs a banner, Favicon, maybe not all the bg black i dunno just dont fancy it also the Music,Appz etc. colours need changing... also problem theres a black dot underneath searchbar i don't know if its supposed to be there but i think it needs to be removed.

But it looks like it has got potential nice site...

7/10 for the functions

6.5/10 as it is.

I hate giving those kinds of scores. Anyway, here are some things that came to my mind:

• Bad mix of colors, mainly in the submissions. They are to flashy for the black background. Personally I would consider a bright skin because that will appeal to more people (most popular sites have bright skins).
  • Use a table for displaying the downloads to make it look more organized (better structure)
  • Needs a logo :)
I know I sound negative but it is my honest opinion. I do think it has good potential if you address those points.

One idea I had when looking at the site was to have a bright and static wallpaper-like background (that doesn't change when scrolling) and leave the content area black but use a 1px png that has 50% or something transparency.

I personally like that skin. He could always add a skin chooser at the top/bottom of the site and set the lighter skin as default and I'd use the black one :)).

I would appreciate it for getting some quality review as I'm looking to make this a really user friendly website.
So my reply was not good? :'(
Anyway, as Hawk said, favicon. (can make one if you want)
I was also thinking about the logo, but this text is nice, change the color perhaps?

I never said your review wasn't any good. Thanks ALL of you for doing a review so far. I have already added a favicon but I read it can take up to a couple of days before it always displays.

Also thinking of making a background and a logo, or get someone to do it. Not sure yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back