Skip to content
WJunction - Webmaster Forum

free -m memstat memory problems

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi,
on Debian squeeze my free -m shows
Code:
             total       used       free     shared    buffers     cached
Mem:           502        476         25          0         83        120
-/+ buffers/cache:        272        230
Swap:          871          3        868

and my memstat shows this
Code:
     36k(     32k): /sbin/init 1
    156k(    132k): /sbin/udevd 354 529 530 354 529 530 354 529 530
--------
  74804k (  23216k)

Why is the difference and why free shows 460MB used when I'm not running any significant process?
I even stopped Apache and it still shows high usage.
 

2 comments

Hi,

I think your memory is 512/Dedicated with swap up to 1GB. you should make a ticket in your client area regarding memory and swap and ask your provider why its 502 ?
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

About the author

M
Active Member · Joined
314
Messages
36
Reactions
28
Points

Advertise on WJunction

Reach 1000's of webmasters, hosts & affiliates. Banner & sponsored-thread slots available.

Contact us
Back
Top Bottom