FileSonic.com – $17PPS, $35/1000 Downloads – Make Your Life Easier - Go with FS!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gmail has blocked us due to a problem we had ... it will take another week or so so that we clear their list! Do you have another email you can use for now? Something other than gmail or mail.ru?

FTP speed will increase eventually, but for now, we are keeping this because this is keeping the servers stable :)

Regards,

Hish

I think you didn't read my question mate, i'll ask it again.

Why dont you guys remove the 400MB limit for free users? Your host is still not that much popular, you first need to get the support of free users, give them good speeds, let them download larger files. Only then will your popularity really grow.

I think you didn't read my question mate, i'll ask it again.

Why dont you guys remove the 400MB limit for free users? Your host is still not that much popular, you first need to get the support of free users, give them good speeds, let them download larger files. Only then will your popularity really grow.

For now, we can not do that! It will not help our affiliates, since this would decrease their sales... and most our affiliates are on the PPS at 60% !

THanks

Hish

Thanks for replying,

I understand what you are trying to say, BUT, you need to realize that this market(file sharing) has a huge amount of companies all trying to get that small amount of Market Share. Currently 4 hosts dominate the market, RS, MU, HF and FS(fileserve).

Even now, people make some great amount of money from fileserve and hotfile, so they really dont have a huge incentive to shift completely from them to filesonic. You need to come up with some innovative ideas to actually grab a share from these 4. Being the company who gives the highest payouts isn't enough, giving promotions is also not enough. Filsonic's reputation has really plunged in the last few months, seeing the huge amount of bugs that the site had on launch.

What i'm really trying to tell you is that, look at how Fileserve became such a major player in the market. They gave you rewards+ excellent speeds for free users, their speeds are actually comparable to that of Megaupload on many occasions. Fileserve is actually the second most preferred host by free users( after MU). Also from what i understand for almost every host now, premium downloads have a very small percentage in the total downloads. So why not capitalize by giving offers to the larger market( free users)?

Then again, its really your choice in the end, whether you want to be considered as a Big Host. I really want to see your host to do well, because the more the competition, there better it is for the customers.

EDIT:

@JJJ

Why will someone buy a premium account for a 700MB movie on Filesonic, when they can get the same file on Megaupload/Fileserve at better speeds FOR FREE

lol that is not what I meant. My notion was when they get going and grow larger. When you see more filesonic files out there....which will happen if they keep paying. I'm willing to bet everything 99% of the uploaders do not give two shits what the download limit is as long as they get paid. More and more of those people will join

I agree that free user experience is one of the most important.

But, paying the most also proved that it helps us become a major player..

We are the most competitive in all aspects except for the download size limit and this is something we can not do at the moment. Our wait time interval is one of the best out there.

We might re-evaluate it in the future...but we also HAVE to keep most our affiliates happy and as I told u, most of our affiliates are on pay-per-sale!

Regards,

Hish

I got an answer regarding this..

Our IT guys were working on it yesterday to fix it and now it is rebuilding... This is why it is slow! It should be ok today... But not sure when exactly.. Can you please give us feedback after you test it?

Thanks for mentioning it!

Hish

I think s8 is back to the normal right now.. thank you Hish :)

We spoke about it yesterday on ICQ and I told you that the guys will look for a solution. They just have much more important stuff to work on right now!

I will let you know once they work on the folders.

Hish

Premium users cant download my links. They get this error :

"You can not access this page directly. Please use the website to start your download or contact us in case of problem."

And I tried myself. I get same error. What is problem?

Premium users cant download my links. They get this error :

"You can not access this page directly. Please use the website to start your download or contact us in case of problem."

And I tried myself. I get same error. What is problem?

I might just be able to fix that, PM me your user-ID, a couple of your links, and your current IP address please.

Regards,

Rome

i have a 1 year premium account and was getting this error for all the files i tried. i logged out and logged in again and i can now download files using the browser.

but i still cant use download manager and get parallel downloads for same file or resume downloads. it redirects to not-allowed url when the download manager retries or resumes or use multiple connections

what use if premium users cannot use download managers???

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back